Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Insurance

General car related chat
henrym3
Snr Member
Snr Member

Insurance

Post by henrym3 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:58 pm

Not having a good day. One month ago the M3 insurance was due and as I needed to insure the VW as well so I could get an MOT and a long drive after doing some work on it. I came to an arrangement with an insurance company to insure the VW for a month and then transfer the policy to the M3 with an additional £40 to pay on the transfer. I bet you know the rest of the story. They can do the transfer no problem, but it’s jumped to £143 which makes the M3 insurance very expensive but as I’d get very little back on the VW if I cancelled I’m over a barrel really. After much complaining they are going to listen to the recording of the original policy sale and I am quite happy for this to happen. They will call me tomorrow or early next week.

Leslie
Snr Member
Snr Member

Insurance

Post by Leslie » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:45 am

You may well get somewhere if they agreed in the call :thumbsup:

Alan Gunn
Snr Member
Snr Member

Insurance

Post by Alan Gunn » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:16 am

What's the betting they no longer have the recording.
Didn't think you would lose much after 1 month but then again never had that sort of problem.

henrym3
Snr Member
Snr Member

Insurance

Post by henrym3 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:07 pm

Today I phoned them back (1 week) it took 59 minutes to be answered, it appears that if I cancel after 1 month on a £248 pa policy I will get £59 back. Alan, you may have hit the nail on the head, so far the recording hasn’t popped up but they are still looking and apparently it can take 2 weeks. I payed the extra £140 for the m3 which means it will have cost me £100 more than I would normally pay. I would loose more if I cancelled and bought new. I feel like I have been bent over and properly, well, I’ll leave it to your imagination. Lancaster have had the last of my money.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Insurance

Post by X5Sport » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:03 pm

Rogered might be the missing word…… :P

Though what ‘Roger’ did to deserve that I have no idea. :wink:
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.