Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Interior swap

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
Olliefrom83

Interior swap

Post by Olliefrom83 » Thu May 20, 2021 1:16 pm

Been thinking of swapping my 7 seat interior out, I currently have oyster and having young children climbing all over it, it’s hard to maintain, looking to swap to black, same sports seats etc. My question is does anyone know if the seats from the f15 are a direct swap? The mountings etc look identical, or is getting the seats to communicate with the car going to be the issue.
E70 seats in the usual selling places seem to be extremely tired

Cheers

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Interior swap

Post by X5Sport » Thu May 20, 2021 2:18 pm

Can’t answer the compatibility issue but remember that you will need to inform your insurers. This will be particularly important if (like me) you have airbags in seats. Their controller may function in a different way and the airbags will be shaped to fit the F15 space and may ‘fire’ differently. There may be no problem at all, but it’s worth checking. Communication with the seat systems may be different. The ‘Sport’ seats in later cars seem to have as many adjustments as found in ‘Comfort’ seats of the E70/71 series.
Last edited by X5Sport on Thu May 20, 2021 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Leslie
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Interior swap

Post by Leslie » Thu May 20, 2021 5:50 pm

You could get a leather place to dye yours black it may well be the most cost effective option as swapping from a later model could be a lot of hassle :D