Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

E70 - The small niggles continue...

Discuss the problems with your BMW X5 (E70).
approved

E70 - The small niggles continue...

Post by approved » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:33 pm

Afternoon all,

Couple of (small) issues at the minute...looking for advice/opinion etc.

1/ Central vent's - A/c is on auto and there is a chirping noise coming from the two central air vents, but only when i brake or turn right. Not loud but obvious enough. Turn fan down manually to 3 bars or less, it stops. Am guessing its the fan? Any quick fixes or other suggestions/opinions welcome ( other than 3 barring everywhere.. :D ) It only started yesterday, so not massively concerned at the minute but worth seeking other owners opinions...

2/ Slight, high pitched noise when on the move - not obvious or loud and cant really hear it when travelling beyond 40mph, but when driving about locally, , say 5-40 mph you can hear it, especially when you are off throttle. Doesnt sound like its inside the car and stops when the car gets below 5mph. No other symptoms ( i think) Pitch of the noise doesnt really change either, maybe gets a touch louder going round a roundabout, but the tone is the same. Been happening for a couple of weeks and i initially thought it was just me, but the Mrs conceded she could hear it too today. Im thinking wheels bearing(s) ?

all opinions welcome.