Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Reverse light failing despite changing the bulb......?

Discuss the problems with your X6 (E71).
Flinders

Reverse light failing despite changing the bulb......?

Post by Flinders » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:24 pm

I’ve had the reverse light fail warning on my heads up for a few days now so went for replacement bulb today and replaced it this afternoon. The message still says reverse light failure at the same side despite changing. What else could this be? Hope this doesn’t mean a complete new light unit!

Has anyone else had this issue? It’s a 3.0 35d 59 plate x6 with 65k on the clock.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Reverse light failing despite changing the bulb......?

Post by X5Sport » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:32 pm

Most likely a bad connection due to corrosion or water.  The system is probably reading a high resistance which means bulb failure.  Is it working at all?
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Horizon
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Horizon » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:08 pm

[quote="Flinders"]
I’ve had the reverse light fail warning on my heads up for a few days now so went for replacement bulb today and replaced it this afternoon. The message still says reverse light failure at the same side despite changing. What else could this be? Hope this doesn’t mean a complete new light unit!

Has anyone else had this issue? It’s a 3.0 35d 59 plate x6 with 65k on the clock.
[/quote]
If it's working, and still throwing a fault, you can turn off the warning with Carly, as it's only the reverse loght it's not massively important
2011 Kia Sorento KX3  2.2D 60 Plate Auto in black ( mine )
BMW E83 X3.  3.0d M Sport, 2008 in black ( now gone )
BMW E93 330i Convertible  Msport  2007.  ( Now sold )
VW Golf 2.0 TDI 140 GT 2010 ( now sold )
Now Sold 55 plate, X5, 3.0 D Sport. Silv

Flinders

Post by Flinders » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:22 pm

It’s not working on the right side but works on the left. Could it be a fuse? There’s no wet or corrosion in the area so not sure how to check that?