Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Service intervals

idefixx5

Service intervals

Post by idefixx5 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:56 am

Hi everybody, I just got a used X5 F15 30d and this babe drives very smooth.

One question I can not find the answer to, where do I find the recommended service intervals? When I try to book a service at the dealer, he gives me options on type of oil, air filter, cabin filter, fuel filter etc.

I know the oil is 30k km, but the rest of the stuff? In my control panel I see brakes have 40k km left. I was wondering how often the rest of the stuff is changed.

All the cabin and air filter is changed at 30k km correct? I see the last service the fuel filter was changed, should I do it again? Or I should wait 60k km?

Thank you in advance

StuBeeDoo

Re: Service intervals

Post by StuBeeDoo » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:04 pm

:hi:

AFAIK, the service intervals are determined by the type of used the car gets, and the dash info display tells you when they are due. Oil service, inspection, brake fluid change, etc, etc.

Personally, being old school, I don't like this. I keep to my own schedule.
October 2012 build X3 30d SE, Bluewater.  Now with Webasto sunroof and paddle-shift   8)

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:12 pm

All service items and intervals are listed here: https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f15- ... intenance/

Every other service is a major (so every 3-4 years based as above. It’s mainly condition based rather than time based (apart from brake fluid which was every two years). Things like brake lining (as an example) will be dependant upon usage so the 40,000km depends upon how the car is driven. Owners have been caught out when just one pad wears more and the system doesn’t notice!!

If the mileage is low then a time based default will come up on the dash. And as above, old school for things like oil changes is worth it - especially given the reduced use many have had this year. I do my oil annually as mine only does about 5,000 a year now. The MOT warning will come up as ‘Inspection’ from about 1 month before it’s actually due.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

marti

Post by marti » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:33 am

Do a full service on all my vehicles at 8000 miles...brake fluid every 2 yrs....

Raj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Raj » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:55 am

F15 should be conditional based so it should adjust and tell you when/what is due.