Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Owners

t90ark

Owners

Post by t90ark » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:01 am

Hi all

I'm looking at a 2014 30d msport from twelve London Road- anybody know them? They appear to stock decent, quality cars.

I'm wrestling with the number of owners it has - 3 currently so I'd be the 4th.

It's has good BMW service history and looks a well looked after car.

Am I being unduly concerned about the number of owners?

Ade
F15 X5 30d Msport in Sapphire Black metallic
e89 Z4 30i sDrive in Sapphire Black metallic

approved

Re: Owners

Post by approved » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:03 pm

I’d rather have 4 fussy owners than 2 not so fussy.

Having bought all sorts of different stuff over the years, sometimes procrastinating unecessarily about there being a better suited car potentially round the corner, I’ve come to the following conclusions.

Buy on condition. Verifiable maintenance, knowledge of known weaknesses and a budget to support that or buy AUC with a warranty,

At that year, there are plenty of AUC so unless the car you are looking at has something particular about it that you like, spec wise and fits the above criteria, I’d keep looking at main dealers.

Just my 2p.
Last edited by approved on Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StuBeeDoo

Post by StuBeeDoo » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:42 pm

IMHO, as long as the number of owners isn't really excessive (an average of more than one a year, for example.....) then plenty of verifiable history - invoices to back-up the stamps in the book - is of more concern.
October 2012 build X3 30d SE, Bluewater.  Now with Webasto sunroof and paddle-shift   8)

Leslie
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Leslie » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:04 pm

3 owners in 6 years hardly excessive , people hang onto cars for various reasons and its isn't because they are a goodun necessarily , these cars were expensive new so the people that bought them could afford to change after a short while when something new came along :D

Olliefrom83

Post by Olliefrom83 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:51 pm

You may even find that the 1st registered owner might have been the supplying dealer and the car was a demonstration vehicle or pre reg.

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by sapphireblack » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:45 pm

t90ark wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:01 am Hi all

I'm looking at a 2014 30d msport from twelve London Road- anybody know them? They appear to stock decent, quality cars.

I'm wrestling with the number of owners it has - 3 currently so I'd be the 4th.

It's has good BMW service history and looks a well looked after car.

Am I being unduly concerned about the number of owners?

Ade
My current car came from this dealership. The experience started OK and was unpressured. It was delivered for no charge.

Where this started to unravel a bit was a month or so in the battery quit. They would only pay for a generic replacement, not a genuine or approved and were not interested in the battery being registered to the car. Long story short i went to my long-term main dealer, had it sorted properly and got "12 London Road" to reimburse me what they would have paid to whomever.

Being out of pocket wasnt the best experience.

As to the number of owners i think its not bad but I'd be looking for less based on age.

t90ark

Post by t90ark » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:22 am

Thanks all.

I've resolved it in my head and I think I'm happy to proceed with everything I've seen to do with the car.

I guess not everybody has a favourable experience with every dealer. I've had bad experiences where lots of others haven't. As they say, you pays your money and takes your choice.

Cheers.
F15 X5 30d Msport in Sapphire Black metallic
e89 Z4 30i sDrive in Sapphire Black metallic