Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Ad blue warning

mark hamster 28

Ad blue warning

Post by mark hamster 28 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:39 pm

Hi all, was travelling on a wet motorway at 70mph the other day and car threw up a fault saying "ad blue not working, contact BMW" or similar. Carried on journey for another 15 miles or so and when got to destination I switched off and pretended to get out and alarm car, then unarmed and switched back on and problem gone.....PHEW..... all ok on way back 1 hour later and a few days gone bye now and still ok.!
My question, is this an earlier warning something major might be on its way, or just a little glitch which I understand they have now and then. Just wondered if anyone had this or similar, Cheers and Merry Crimbo All

marti

Re: Ad blue warning

Post by marti » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:19 am

Sounds like a glitch, I would get adblue deleted if it were mine for sure......

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:12 am

Not had this in the 2-series but it was a regular occurrence with my previous 2015 Škoda Superb. It’s sometimes freezing fluid (it happened most often in cold weather) or fluid more than 6 months old, or just a flow issue and it always cleared within 100 miles. Annoyingly nothing was ever recorded in the fault logs!

The Superb was prone to doing it within 500 miles of it being refilled. No idea why, but it just did! On the Superb at least it was very common. If it does keep doing it then get it to a dealer before the engine refuses to start (which it will).

Delete at your peril.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

mark hamster 28

Post by mark hamster 28 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:15 pm

X5Sport wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:12 am Not had this in the 2-series but it was a regular occurrence with my previous 2015 Škoda Superb. It’s sometimes freezing fluid (it happened most often in cold weather) or fluid more than 6 months old, or just a flow issue and it always cleared within 100 miles. Annoyingly nothing was ever recorded in the fault logs!

The Superb was prone to doing it within 500 miles of it being refilled. No idea why, but it just did! On the Superb at least it was very common. If it does keep doing it then get it to a dealer before the engine refuses to start (which it will).

Delete at your peril.

Thanks X5 sport, checked today on I drive and I have only 3000 miles left in adblue tank and I did put a bit in around 12 months ago, so quite old and low, so will be getting it filled when next pop in shell garage. Think BMW only sell in large amounts which is why I used shells last time but will check before purchase with them and see what amounts they sell it in ? any idea on how big adblue tank is ?