Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

2011 X6 40d - need advice

Ashley555

2011 X6 40d - need advice

Post by Ashley555 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:09 pm

Hi I am looking for some advise. I have owned this car for 3 years now. It has full service history and have had to no issues until about 6 months ago.
My propt shaft snapped whilst on the motorway and caused major damage to my gearbox. The gearbox and propt shaft were replaced by bmw UK as this part was mechanically faulty and had already been replaced prior to us buying the car.
On Friday, driving along the motorway I heard a horrible clinking noise. I started to panic but managed to reach a bmw garage. I booked it in for diagnosing and left it.
They have come back to me advising that the bottom end has gone☹️ But I can’t understand he that could have happened? No oil lights or engine management lights came on??? It has full service history and I’ve only had it back for 2 months since they carried out the repair? The garage said the oil was on its minimum but normally the car would tell me if it was low etc but no lights or indicators came up? Have they done something to the engine or reprogramming the computer when it went in for last repair? Totally distraught at this and any advise would be welcomed!! Thanks Ash