Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

ICE

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
henrym3
Snr Member
Snr Member

ICE

Post by henrym3 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:01 pm

I am thinking of fitting an Android (Xtrons) head unit and the Resler App with DSP and OBC license. Reason is the original head unit has had a crap and dumped its ability to show OBC functions and as the screen has gone white I can’t set the clock or see mpg etc. I have thought of Cartronics repair but that would probably be in the same sort of area money wise as the Xtrons and Resler setups which would give far more facilities like on the screen diagnostics and google maps etc. I have the Dynavin fitted atm and it is very good. Works perfect with DSP good tv, hands free, voice control etc. I’m hoping the 6m lead already fitted will work with the Xtrons plus the tv module and front and rear cameras. Just need to pull the pin really but I’m so bloody busy, I often wonder how I ever found the time to earn a living.

Greydog

ICE

Post by Greydog » Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:39 am

Morning Henry
Being retired is hard work isn't it :rofl: My 4.4 I changed for one of the early Dynavin units my 4.6 is all OEM
When I changed the unit in the 4.4 I ran an extended antenna lead an extended GPS lead camera feed (reverse only) was wireless and worked really well. Considering that was 10years ago (maybe longer) I guess that the Tech has jumped forward so should be easier to integrate. Or you would hope so :rofl:

henrym3
Snr Member
Snr Member

ICE

Post by henrym3 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:44 pm

My Dynavin is 8+ and has been really good, still is and if I had a way of getting the OBC to display in the instrument cluster I probably wouldn’t upgrade. However if I’m going to have to spend money then it will be on an upgrade.

Greydog

ICE

Post by Greydog » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:51 pm

I almost changed the set up in the 4.6 as it started to do strange things. I eventually traced the issues to a failing LCM/FCM so changed that and all working as normal again.
As you say if your going to spend money you may as well get what you want let us know if you go the Resler route I considered that but as always something else took priority (new stable door probably :) )