Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Steering angle sensor and INPA

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
kanewesley

Post by kanewesley » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:55 pm

HI
I have the orange 4x4 light on the dash. Its been on for many many months.
I know it is because the SAS needs recalibration.
Ive done this many time in the past using INPA but the error tends to come back after a while so I just leave it.
I am about to px the car at a garage as its now done 192k miles so i am trying to get the 4x4 light off by recalibrating again.
Trouble is, when i go into CHASSIS==STEERING ANGLE ==SENSOR i can see the analogue value.
I straighten the wheels till I get to "0"
But now when I need the F6 calibration function F6 is missing !!!!
I have tried all routes thro INPA but for the life of me cannot get the F6 function up on the LWS to recalibrate.
It used to be there as I have calibrated many times but for some reason in the list of F functions (F1 to F10) F6 is the only one mmissing.
I have a software suite I bought which has NAVCODER, NCS EXPERT, WINKFP SSPROGMAN AND INPA.
INPA is the only one I can muddle through,,,,the rest are over my head so I dont touch them.
Why cant I find this calibration function F6 in Inpa anymore??

I also have BMW Scanner 1.4.0 and after much googling cannot find a way of doing it with that.....if that is a possibility.
Is there a "calibration for Dummies" walkthrough anywhere for recalling my SAS sensor?

Thank You

Greydog

Post by Greydog » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:01 am

Morning
I have replaced/reprogrammed several units on the Old girl using 1.4.0 DME EWS LCM etc. Not tried the SAS but try this link

http://blog.obdexpress.co.uk/2015/09/19 ... i-scanner/ a useful site I have used before

kanewesley

Post by kanewesley » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:29 am

thanks Greydog

I tried that but it dodnt work

Cant understand why i can no longer see it in INPA