Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Windscreen ----- UPDATE

Simmo

Windscreen ----- UPDATE

Post by Simmo » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:37 am

Finally got a windscreen fitted. So that took around 7 Weeks  :o

Hi All

I got a chip in the windscreen a couple of weeks ago, which quickly escalated into a cracked screen extending all the way from top to bottom. I put in the usual claim, but wait for it............ there are no available screens in the country !  Not even expected to arrive in Germany until the 22nd August  :o
So after many phone calls to BMW Uk I'm now toodling about in a courtesy car until such time they can procure a windscreen.
Hope this isn't the case for all spare parts for the new X5.
Last edited by Simmo on Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Windscreen

Post by X5Sport » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:06 am

FFS!  You really would have expected that a stock was held in each country for this sort of thing.  Screens do get broken, especially on UK roads.

I sometimes despair of the logistics and support teams.  No doubt BMW charge each country a fortune for them so no one holds stock!

Richard
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

kenniff

Re: Windscreen

Post by kenniff » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:16 pm

Been there, got the T shirt.

My screen, the bog standard one, (as well as being outrageously expensive) took ages to be fitted. Delay was blamed upon not a lack of glass but a lack of rubber surrounds that go with it....
Current: M50i arctic grey (G05)
Previous: RRS P400 HST, F15 M50d,F15 30d Msport, E70 35d Msport, 530i, Boxster, 330Ci Sport Vectra GSi, Chevrolet Lumina, Vxl Astras

It'll be allright in the end. If it isn't allright it isn't the end