Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

2 E70s which is the best buy

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
wad187

Re: 2 E70s which is the best buy

Post by wad187 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:08 am

The car in the second link has the wide arches doesn't it ??
So the 20" wheels should go straight on I would of thought.

martin33100

Post by martin33100 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:09 pm

[quote="wad187"]
The car in the second link has the wide arches doesn't it ??
So the 20" wheels should go straight on I would of thought.
[/quote]They do look like the bigger arches on rear, as its also got running boards I think its all part of the dynamic pack.
Unless you really want the look they do ride so so much better on the smaller rims.

Kk78

Post by Kk78 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:31 pm

I'm looking at cars very similar to the ones in the ads.

Are any big bills imminent after 100,000 miles?

Sorry to hijack the thread.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:15 pm

Nothing would be described as 'imminent' just increasingly a possibility.....and it will depend upon servicing and driving style.  Have a read of the buyers guide on the Forum.  It covers pretty much everything you need to be aware of.

You're likely to see suspension bushes etc, possibly brake discs, air bags on the air susp perhaps too.

The ones you have to budget for are pano roof, gearbox, turbo, glowplugs - which can be mare to remove, and some of the electronics.

That's not to say any of them will go, but they might and with the X5 being a luxury car it comes with luxury bills.  You can get things fixed without going near BMW with a decent Indy if you have one you trust too.

Richard
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Kk78

Post by Kk78 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:24 am

[quote="X5Sport"]
Nothing would be described as 'imminent' just increasingly a possibility.....and it will depend upon servicing and driving style.  Have a read of the buyers guide on the Forum.  It covers pretty much everything you need to be aware of.

You're likely to see suspension bushes etc, possibly brake discs, air bags on the air susp perhaps too.

The ones you have to budget for are pano roof, gearbox, turbo, glowplugs - which can be mare to remove, and some of the electronics.

That's not to say any of them will go, but they might and with the X5 being a luxury car it comes with luxury bills.  You can get things fixed without going near BMW with a decent Indy if you have one you trust too.

Richard
[/quote]

Thanks for the advice

I've had a few bmw's in the past but they've all been under manufacturer warranty and not 4x4's. I was worried about super expensive suspension parts.

I've decided to avoid the sunroof if I can even though I like them.

Where I'd the e70 buyers guide? I can find only a e53 buyers guide.