Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

NEW Reverse Camera Issue, anyone seen this Wiring?

General car related chat
Zakbelle

NEW Reverse Camera Issue, anyone seen this Wiring?

Post by Zakbelle » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Hi I went and bought an XTRONS CAM009 reverse camera after sending a previous one from another company back as it was very dubious quality. This one looks good quality but has a very bizarre wiring system. I was going to use the wiring diagram as posted on here by Sanj previously but the wiring for this doesn't appear to allow this. I was going to remove the RCA connectors as normal and use the screening but the cables are not screened but two core cable instead. Okay this isn't an issue as I can find out which is +ve & -ve BUT if you can see on the diagram the 5M RCA video extension cable has an extra cable to connect to the reverse switch on the display unit?

Can I just connect the +ve from the camera power cable to pin 14 on the white TV module connector and the -ve to Pin 13, then connect the +ve from the camera video RCA plug to pin 1 on the blue TV module connector and the -ve to pin 10 and 30 & 86 on the relay?

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag3 ... 8247a4.jpg

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Craig
Last edited by Zakbelle on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greydog

Re: NEW Reverse Camera Issue, anyone seen this Wiring?

Post by Greydog » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:13 pm

Hi Craig
If you are using Sanj's drawing.
Pins 13 and 14 on the white plug are RCA connections 13 pos (Centre Pin) 14 neg (Outer ) you could splice in an Female RCA connector to make it a simple plug in connection. Looking at your Camera instructions cable 1&3 are joined 4 goes to pin 10 on the Blue plug or 30 on the relay 5 is connected to Pin 1 on the Blue plug or 85 on the relay Pin 17 is a Negative trigger for your monitor fed from 87 on the relay (I am assuming you have the OEM set up) so cable 2 isn't needed as far as I can tell.

Hope this of help
4.6is X5 Estoril Blue (current)
4.4 X5 Sport Topaz Blue LPG (now gone squashed by a tree)
Subaru Outback 3.0 Rn Star Silver (current)
AMG 6.3 CLS Obsidian Black (sold)