Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

factory defected engine BMW X5F17

madik

Re: factory defected engine BMW X5F17

Post by madik » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:49 pm

[quote="X5Sport"]
You are going to have to deal with BMW in Azerbaijan.  No one in the UK will be able to offer advice as we don't know your local law. We can offer only the thinnest advice based on UK Law which is different.  Have a look for BMW Customer Service locally. 

The only BMW contacts I can find are all written in your local typescript which I cannot read.  However 'Improtex' keeps showing in search results.

Good luck

Richard

Is it a rally matter of local law? I thought that BMW fully responsible for sold cars everywhere. This is a special case and I think could be considered as exclusive one and provide some compensation.
This is the issue. Can I claim a compensation and wish to know whether you could assist me in achieving that goal.
As a contact person I asked somebody from the German staff who in touch with disappointed customers

Regards
Mamed 
[/quote]

madik

Post by madik » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:54 pm

[quote="Don Coffey"]
Good luck, you will need it if you think they will give you 30-40% discount.  Although the V8s aren't that popular over here, they are very popular in the USA and I for one haven't heard about any 'known problems'.  BMW will feel that giving you a new engine is as good as it gets.  Had you had to suffer for a year or so before BMW finally admitted a problem then you can expect discount of some sort, but you don't seem to have really be put out that much.

Don
[/quote]
Ok. Why not? Now I am an owner of leasing company which provides purchase about 300-400 cars per annum.
I purchase about 20-30 BMW annually and can convince my customers not to purchase BMW any more as it leaves to desire even better.
Moreover I personally know many firms and companies who buys many BMW each year and can assure them  to switch for another car producer

Regards
Mamed

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:47 pm

You need to talk to BMW in your home country.  No one else can help you.  It really is that simple.  Your local law applies and not one from any other country and that is the reality. 

Our law doesn't apply, your country is not part of the EU so EU law doesn't apply either.  You bought the car in Azerbaijan so it is up to you to work with the local supplier using local law and that's that.  There is no such thing as a global process that any one buyer in any one country can use everywhere else.

What does your warranty say? That, and only that applies to you. It will all be in whatever you agreed to in your contract. If the terms of the warranty are comp,ied with then you have no case at all.  If you don't like it, complain to BMW AG in Munich.  They will most likely point you straight back to your supplier as they are under no obligation to help you (or anyone else).  30-40 BMWs a year is not going to worry them when they sell millions around the world.

Sorry but that is the simple truth you have to accept.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

535dboy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 535dboy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:11 pm

Agreed to above

If you are in the industry one way or another then you know what is what!!
Currently :
2012 Audi RS4 (B8)
2012 Porsche Boxster S (981)
2008 Lotus Exige S (a bit modified!)
2015 Nissan Leaf twin turbo with Nitros

Previously :
2008 BMW X5 3.0sd MSport
2005 BMW 535d MSport

Don Coffey
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Don Coffey » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:35 pm

[quote="madik"]
[quote="Don Coffey"]
Good luck, you will need it if you think they will give you 30-40% discount.  Although the V8s aren't that popular over here, they are very popular in the USA and I for one haven't heard about any 'known problems'.  BMW will feel that giving you a new engine is as good as it gets.  Had you had to suffer for a year or so before BMW finally admitted a problem then you can expect discount of some sort, but you don't seem to have really be put out that much.

Don
[/quote]
Ok. Why not? Now I am an owner of leasing company which provides purchase about 300-400 cars per annum.
I purchase about 20-30 BMW annually and can convince my customers not to purchase BMW any more as it leaves to desire even better.
Moreover I personally know many firms and companies who buys many BMW each year and can assure them  to switch for another car producer

Regards
Mamed
[/quote]

You seem to be either very demanding, totally unreasonable in you expectations or both.  You have a problem and BMW have given you a replacement car and are replacing the engine.  It would be interesting to see just how many people you could persuade to move away from BMW.  I would say that if you explained about you problem and how BMW have resolved it, I think most reasonable people would think BMW have done enough without the need to give you a huge discount. 

Don