Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

It's Time To Say Goodbye, But Not Farewell

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
Rusty
Snr Member
Snr Member

It's Time To Say Goodbye, But Not Farewell

Post by Rusty » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:59 pm

Hey there all

I know I have been pretty much a ghost over the past year, but the time has come to say goodbye to the X5.

With it sitting in the garage for most of the time and only having managed 1300 mile in the past year, it is being moved on to pastures new.  I'm sure the new owner will give the X plenty of TLC and I will be passing the forum details onto him. 

I will however still drop in from time to time to see what is going on and should there be a meet anywhere nearby I will do my best to catch up with you all.

So for now it is farewell and a thank you to all who have helped me in the past and I hope that I have managed to help some of you along the way too.

Russ

3.0d Sport Exclusive E53 CB with black comfort, pano, folding dimming mirrors, 20"ers, comms, xenons, focal sub, Intravee II, GSM heater........and so on.
Runabout - E92 3 Series Coupe

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: It's Time To Say Goodbye, But Not Farewell

Post by X5Sport » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:55 am

I think this is a case of 'au revoir' rather than farewell.... :)

Are you downsizing your fleet, or getting a (smaller) replacement?

I think our 3-series will be taken off the road again fairly soon as it isn't seeing much use.  Not enough room for little man's seat so we use the X6 all the time.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

X5-D-Sport
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by X5-D-Sport » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:33 am

Best wishes Russ,

You will miss the X5 I recon....

AW8
Lifer
Lifer

Post by AW8 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:45 pm

All the best Russ. I replied to your PM btw.

Incidentally I liked your car (perecr spec and colour combo facelift 3.0d IMHO), ....would have been tempted to have given it a new home myself if able and if I could bear to part with my old 4.4i.

Always a shame when we lose folk I know face  to face....Please don't be a total stranger.
Last edited by AW8 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gone - 2002 E53 X5 4.4i Sport (Pre Facelift) Owned 2006-2016.

Site & Forum Admin Team Member.

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Post by pvr » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:40 pm

Yes, that was a great colour indeed. It was good to meet up on the last meet as well.
X5M F85,  Golf Clipper, Abarth 595 Competizioni, Jeep

911 50th anniversary -
Site & Forum Admin Team Member.

Rusty
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Rusty » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:59 pm

Thank you all.

Yes the fleet has been down sized. I still have the E92 330d coupe but sold my little French tin can works van as well and have a VW T5 which will do the job of both. 
The X just spent it's life under a cover in the garage and I needed a larger van. It's a shame BMW don't do a 3.0d similar sized van, I'm sure it would be an awesome investment. A project maybe?

I will def miss the X but at least I can say I have owned one, and a good one too [emoji3]
3.0d Sport Exclusive E53 CB with black comfort, pano, folding dimming mirrors, 20"ers, comms, xenons, focal sub, Intravee II, GSM heater........and so on.
Runabout - E92 3 Series Coupe