Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

No audio when making a call?

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
POC

No audio when making a call?

Post by POC » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:52 pm

Hi guys, just paired my phone (iphone6) to my E70 (2008 ).  It paired fine, gets the phone book etc, makes a call.......... But, no sound?  The radio doesn't mute and the phone audio does not come through.

Weird?  Every other bmw I've owned just works, even my previous x5 was not a problem.

I'd assume an erroneous setting somewhere?

Tia, Paul

POC

Re: No audio when making a call?

Post by POC » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:26 pm

Hummm just paired an iphone 5 and it worked fine.  Is there an issue with iphone 6??

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:13 pm

Have you tried deleting it and trying again?  Just in case it 'glitched' first time.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

POC

Post by POC » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:06 pm

I deleted and re-paired, still no audio [emoji20]

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:13 pm

All on IOS9?

If you have a USB port in the glovebox, you may be able to get a firmware update from the BMW Connected Drive web site.  You will need a current BMW Assist account to be able to do so though.
Last edited by X5Sport on Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

donkeybrains

Post by donkeybrains » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:47 am

[quote="X5Sport"]
You will need a current BMW Assist account to be able to do so though.
[/quote]

No you don't.

Punch your VIN into this: http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/connec ... pdate.html

and follow the instructions to put the update onto a USB drive, and then install it into your car. I presume you either have CIC or NBT navigation.

donkeybrains

Post by donkeybrains » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:48 am

Also, have you checked the bluetooth volume on the phone itself? I don't currently have an iPhone (yet!, waiting until tomorrow), but try to make a phone call to e.g. Voicemail using the handsfree system, and whilst it is connected to the car and on a call, repeatedly press the 'volume +' button on the side of the handset itself.

Alternatively, also check that the phone isn't in handset mode, and is sending audio to the car. If i remember correctly from the last time I had an iphone, click on the loudspeaker icon on the phone whilst you're in a call, and it should give you a list of ways to have the call... Presumably it will be something like: "Handset", "Loudspeaker" and "BMW xxxxx". Click on "BMW xxxxxx" (where xxxxxx is usually the last few digits of your VIN). It is possible for phone call data to show up on the iDrive, but still operate like a normal handset as if its not connected to the car.
Last edited by donkeybrains on Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.