Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMW X3 F25 Recall.... I mean "Quality Enhancement"

General Discussion for X3 (F25) models go here.
sharpharp

BMW X3 F25 Recall.... I mean "Quality Enhancement"

Post by sharpharp » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:32 am

Just got a call from my local dealership saying that all X3 F25 owners are being contacted to have the Fuel Cap replaced...

I asked for more info and was told that due to pressure build up, in a few instances the Cap will not open.
I've never had this issue, but I've booked it in, as they are doing a free complimentary wash which should clear off the bird-shit that's recently accumulated itself on my roof.

Anyone get the call?
The conspiracy theorist in me thinks this is a decoy just to get us in so that they can sneakily replace the parts which were mooted in the VW Fuel Emissions scandal. -BMW (in particular the X3 F25) were also tested and found to well above the emissions claims, but were denied/swept under the carpet by BMW.

bluestreak56

Re: BMW X3 F25 Recall.... I mean "Quality Enhancement"

Post by bluestreak56 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:35 pm

Interesting - I wonder if this would affect the F26 as well then as most components are the same. I will let you know if I get a call..

Pinewood

Post by Pinewood » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:37 am

No phone call as yet.  Did they say which model years were affected?
F25 x30d M Sport Lci. Prof Media/Nav, adaptive xenons,ext storage,lights package, 19" Staggered 622M alloys.

sharpharp

Post by sharpharp » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:38 am

Hi Pinewood,

I did ask the question, they just said all F25s were affected.
They were also having to book cars well into July to accommodate this "quality" enhancement", so it be a lot affected