Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Why take kids shopping ? Happy ending

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
Reedster

Why take kids shopping ? Happy ending

Post by Reedster » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:20 pm

Kids cause accidents. !!!!!!!! and stupid young mother drivers................
Got a call from the other half saying, " Bad news, young girl has hit the X5 ". Turns out the stupid girl was shouting at her kid in the back as she ploughed past the X in a car park. The mrs was stopped and about to reverse into a space when the girl put the side of her Peugeot across the drivers side front corner, cracking the bumper and skewing the wheel inwards slightly. She had room as she did not hit other cars on the other side of her. Mrs said the girl was shouting at her kid when she got out...... something about getting it something to eat.
Seems like she turned to shout at the kid and pulled wheel down and putting her car across the X front quarter. Mrs got her to admit it was her fault, passenger boyfriend was also apologetic and she wrote down all her details. X recovered back home awaiting insurance assessor.
In trying to sort out where to take the X, I called Ocean BMW who were not at least interested in taking the car in for repairs. They can shove any future business from us, as I would not bother going to them.
At least we have the Z to buz around in, but not good if we were taking others out.
Last edited by Reedster on Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

graemeX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Why take kids shopping ?

Post by graemeX5 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:30 pm

I

Sorry to here the news never good at anytime and very easy for someone to do if not concentrating.

Are you not going through your insurance as it was the other parties fault. Hope you get it sorted soon.
Graeme
Now: E70 X5 in Blue, 3 Minis Cooper S R53, JCW R56 & Cooper S Roadster R59 :drive:

Prev: Abarth 595C & 500C, E53 X5 4.4i, E88 135i M Sport, Audi TT Mk1 V6, 3 Smarts, 8 Vauxhalls, 4 Fords, 2 Triumphs, 1 Mini & Bikes

Bmwobsessed

Post by Bmwobsessed » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:24 pm

“Getting it something to eat”

Wow nice description there, it’s a lump of metal that can be repaired.
These things happen unfortunately but calling the child “it” is a little strong don’t you think.......
2012 E70 X5 40d M-Sport

snrbrtsn

Post by snrbrtsn » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:59 pm

Ouch, never nice! Though can relate to the scenario pretty decent of them to admit liability, here’s hoping they stand by their claim....

Partially correct in jumping on the “it” tense however I’ve called my child worse and love him dearly!
Unfortunately kids are one of the biggest distrations, it’s how the adult reacts, To be fair they probably innocently cause the majority of low speed Mahem!
Ultimately it’s the girls fault, without being stereotypical it’s all too easily avoided..... yet all too often the mind is distracted by our offspring!

Here’s hoping you get a timely repair

Reedster

Post by Reedster » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:16 pm

Strong ? yes. When she shouted at my mrs ....... I don't care about your car, immediately she got out her car,  said a lot. She should have considered the child, passenger and others around firstly.
The times I have seen inconsiderate young girls / women recently whizzing around especially on school runs, with no consideration to other road users ....... some worse than the chav boy racer types is surprising. We all get slammed with increased premiums due to this type of driver.

Yes I have a fully comp protected policy which also helps.

Bmwobsessed

Post by Bmwobsessed » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:39 pm

We get increased premiums for a multitude of reasons.

There’s generally the same amount of accidents per % of vehicles on the road.  The increase is due to bad financial management of insurance companies and over staffing of unskilled/unknowledgeable claims handlers.

Insurance is affected by a multitude of factors surprisingly we are falsely lured into thinking it’s about claim to car ratio............
2012 E70 X5 40d M-Sport

RichM50d

Post by RichM50d » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:29 am

[quote="Reedster"]
Strong ? yes. When she shouted at my mrs ....... I don't care about your car, immediately she got out her car,  said a lot. She should have considered the child, passenger and others around firstly.
The times I have seen inconsiderate young girls / women recently whizzing around especially on school runs, with no consideration to other road users ....... some worse than the chav boy racer types is surprising. We all get slammed with increased premiums due to this type of driver.

Yes I have a fully comp protected policy which also helps.
[/quote]

Sorry to hear about your knock.

Unfortunately, protected no claims insurance means nothing, as your premiums will now go up. You’ll still get the same level of discount, but the base premium (before discount) will go up.

We were hit by another car a few years ago, and when the insurance went up, I questioned why. I was told that as we’d been hit once, we were more likely to again, so they were increasing the premium accordingly.  :blink:

Reedster

Post by Reedster » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:12 pm

Yes I know it will affect future insurance I have, it gets up my nose the attitude of these types of drivers. No consideration for anyone else, the fact the mrs was stopped and the other driver whizzing around in a car park. etc etc.
Repair centre has been in touch and collecting the X tomorrow leaving a loan car. Had to laugh ........... loan car is going to be a Peugeot, had to be .............. I have never liked them.  At least things are moving forward.

Reedster

Re: Why take kids shopping ? Work started

Post by Reedster » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:41 pm

Work started...........
Wheel refurb / having passenger side scuff sorted also at my expense.
New tyre / having new put on other side also at my expense.
New wing
Track tie rod end was bent

Reedster

Re: Why take kids shopping ? Happy ending

Post by Reedster » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:09 pm

Happy ending is that the X is back on my drive all repaired and looking splendid. Credit to the guys at Fix Auto Penzance. They kept me informed and no problem if I called in to have a look if I was in the area. Life time warranty with the work as long as I own the car.  As its poo weather I have not taken any photos yet.