Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Anyone running 10j wheels all round

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
dazzasgotav8

Anyone running 10j wheels all round

Post by dazzasgotav8 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:46 pm

Just wondering if anyone is running 10j wheels all round only reason i ask is i have just brought another set of wheels to refurb them at my leisure and was thinking why not fit the wide ones all round :)

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Anyone running 10j wheels all round

Post by X5Sport » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:33 pm

Check the front wheel arch clearance, and how far out the wheel sits (you might have an issue with one of the rules about tyre tread beyond the limit of the arch) and if the inner face fouls during turning. I remember a discussion in here many moons ago about this and thought that there was an issue with the wider rim hitting something inside the arch when turning. Might be worth a search on here or maybe Xoutpost?
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

henrym3
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by henrym3 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:52 pm

I run 10" up front with 295 tyres and 10mm hubcentric spacers plus its been lowered and have no rubbing issues. Just to be clear they are 22" wheels.

dazzasgotav8

Post by dazzasgotav8 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:04 pm

I am currently running with 25mm hubcentric spacers to the rear so was thinking if i add 10js to the front i get an extra inch to match the rear , i guess once i have done my refurb i can dummy fit wides all round see what issues i may or may not have , not really a lover of 22s on a x5 think they make it look out of proportion but each to there own i guess thats the joy of modding cars .