Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

one axle air suspension issue

Discuss the problems with your X5 (E53).
bristol e53 timmo

one axle air suspension issue

Post by bristol e53 timmo » Fri May 08, 2020 7:33 pm

hi all
ive had a good look around onhere but icannot see anything re theissue im having on my 2005 30 diesel .
Basically compressor works but im getting the warning air susp inactive now. although it pumps up to level the ride after ive discharged the air from the system( i stripped it down to test ) it will not for example drop downfrom that ride height at all either during driving or even if left for days . in other words it willmaintain at a height but will not vary either for load differences or driving . ride quality feels very hard and choppy. :D i did find the desicate filter was indeed wet and so replaced the water absorbing material within which made no difference .
Any pointers would be welcome thanks.

Themoog2

Re: one axle air suspension issue

Post by Themoog2 » Fri May 08, 2020 10:18 pm

Is the height sensor on the control arm knackered or rather, the linkages stuck.

Greydog

Post by Greydog » Sat May 09, 2020 8:23 am

Is your Battery OK "Susp Inact" is one of the common warnings that pop up when the battery is under duress at start up. Also check the suspension fuses I had a persistent warning on the 4.4 X5 both fuses were OK (or looked it) I changed them both and the problem went away ??

Also as has been said the ride height sensors can seize at the knuckle joint a good clean and some lubrication should fix it. Just make sure the knuckle faces the wheel when you put it back together.

bristol e53 timmo

Post by bristol e53 timmo » Sat May 09, 2020 10:27 am

Thanks i will check ut as you suggest .
Best regards :D