Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Why do people do that!!

Discuss the problems with your X5 (E53).
ITBarbie

Re: Why do people do that!!

Post by ITBarbie » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:44 pm

Hi

Thanks for the replies everybody. I will try to make the meet in October and am going to pop the car round to a mechanic to see about that joint
2004 Sapphire Black 3.0d SE
MODS
Intravee with KCA, Xennons, Folding Mirrors (enabled with Intravee), Sport Wheels 19's, DVD Headrests, updated SAT NAV, Voice Recognititon with TV in Motion enabled with Resler a

kenniff

Post by kenniff » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:01 am

I can sympathise..... Took my shiny clean Monaco blue 35d msport to b and q the other day. Noticed as I got out that the car on passenger side was an old White-ish heap...
Came back from shop 10 mins later ... White car gone, but nice long scrape on door has appeared!!!!!!! It's actually on that strip near the bottom of the door that's supposed to give some protection to the door proper, but it's colour coded / or should I say WAS :(. It's scraped all the way to White plastic underneath.
Current: M50i arctic grey (G05)
Previous: RRS P400 HST, F15 M50d,F15 30d Msport, E70 35d Msport, 530i, Boxster, 330Ci Sport Vectra GSi, Chevrolet Lumina, Vxl Astras

It'll be allright in the end. If it isn't allright it isn't the end

Turks
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Turks » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:36 am

DIY car parks are the worst... I had someone scrape a trolley of flag stones along the side of the E39! It really flicks my switches and if I saw someone damage a car and walk away i'm not sure what would happen to their faces!

Sorry to hear of your bad luck Penny.

Turks.
Present:
2018 (18) F85 X5M - Donnington Grey

Past:
2014 (14) F10 M5 - Monte Carlo Blue
2004 (54) E53 X5 4.8is - Sapphire Black

jeegnesh

Post by jeegnesh » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:44 am

Sorry to hear, I hate it when that kind of stuff happens, it's cosmetic but costs a hell of a lot of money for what it is, but it bugs you every time you see it. Leave the car dirty you'll never know :-)

As you can tell happened many a time to me, so now in car parks I park in the furthest most spot and YES I take up 1.5 spaces so no one can park next to me. It's a nasty thing to do but it's got to be done because there too many fools out there that don't really give a shit about someone else's property. Next time you see an X5 taking 1.5 spaces you know who it is.
Mods: H Steering, Towbar, Wide Arches, Inforad K2, HIDS, Heated Seats, PS2 Media Center, x555 Sub Box (Focal), Rear Fake Tins, RV Cam, Screen Protect, Front Tints, 168 20's, Re-Map, Black Roundels, De-badge, BSW Dash Mids, Tweeter & Xover, Rear Screens, Intravee