Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Hello Guys and Gals

Introduce yourself, (and post a photo if you have one).
FireOut

Hello Guys and Gals

Post by FireOut » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:28 pm

Hi just to introduce myself my name is Jim and Ex Firey :fuelfire: and now on my fourth Beamer this time a step-up in more ways than one having just bought myself a nice condition if older X5 just getting to grips with some of the features and working out what is working as it should and what needs looking at such as the PDC and Sat Nav/TV screen. But not in any mad rush! :rofl:

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hello Guys and Gals

Post by X5Sport » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:45 pm

Hello and :hi:
:D
What version and year? It will help us to help you. If it was made before about Oct 2004 then the TV receiver may be analogue only and only digital TV is broadcast now. Hybrid receivers (that will do DVB(T) ) began to be installed at some point in Oct 2004 onwards. Also note there are no broadcasts above CH60 as Chans 61 - 68 are now for 4G mobile networks.

Your build month/year should be on a plate under the bonnet.

If I remember correctly the module is a plug and play so can be replaced, though I suspect they’re getting rarer given production ceased 15 years ago.

With the PDC put the park sensors on and put your ear close to each one. They should ‘click’. Any not clicking have failed and losing one stops that end from working and the light in the car flashes. Sometimes the module goes as well, but it’s usually the clicky bit.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

FireOut

Hello Guys and Gals

Post by FireOut » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:49 pm

Sorry Guys I forgot, I am driving a 2005 X5 e53 Diesel 3.0 l Nice car enjoying it!
:thumbsup:

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hello Guys and Gals

Post by X5Sport » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:50 pm

In that case the TV should work. Do a Channel rescan to see what it finds :)
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.