Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Driving Logs - How to record business mileage

All X3 (G01) discussions go here.
number318

Post by number318 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:13 am

Hi,

I am thinking about purchasing a new BMW X3e.

Is there a way of recording all car journeys, classifying the journeys as either business or private and exporting a list of these journeys each month?

My current vehicle, a Volvo XC60 has an excellent app that records all call journeys and makes it a 5 minute task at the end of each month for me to claim my business mileage.

I would appreciate any advice.

Regards

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:34 am

Nothing like that on the My BMW App. It only shows where the vehicle was last locked or unlocked with no record of actual journeys at all - or not that I can find on mine.

Drive Recorder is just a dash cam system so that won’t help either (if you can get it due to component shortages!).

I can see that being a useful ‘feature’, especially for company car users. You could try asking BMW themselves to see if they’ll add it. They’ll then charge an exorbitant fee every year! :x
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

number318

Post by number318 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:21 am

Thanks a lot for the quick response!

Yes so useful, and if you think of how many company car drivers are in BMWs it's amazing there is no such feature.

BMW drivers out there that need to submit business mileage claims each month, how do you achieve this without using the pen and paper method?

Wayfarer

Post by Wayfarer » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:43 pm

If you have Android you could try the Fuelio app as that has a trip recorder and cost calculator, not tried it, but the fuel and cost recording bit works very well

Alan Gunn
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Alan Gunn » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:25 am

Came over from the land ??.