Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

WANTED E53 Towbar (inc bumper reinforcement bar)

You can sell anything in here, Cars, BMW X-Series related items. Please set a price for your item, don't just ask for offers.
neilp

E53 Towbar (inc bumper reinforcement bar)

Post by neilp » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:48 am

Hi Everyone,

My e53 sadly didn't come with a tow bar and it's now something I want.

Seen a few used going on ebay but note that none of them come with the bumper reinforcement bar. Wanted to see if someone had one or was willing to do a full swap (+cash your way) for the full towbar and all other parts?

Thanks,

Neil

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:23 pm

If you don't get anywhere try looking at the PF Jones website. Not cheap for the proper one and its electrics but......

OEM kits were Westfalia and PF Jones sell them for significantly less than BMW might want for the job (that was well above £2k last time I looked as a lot of the car has to come out if you do it their way, but not with the PF Jones kits.). I've never seen a kit without them as the whole thing usually comes complete with the bar as you have to remove the existing and it's all welded together.

https://www.pfjones.co.uk/bmw-x5-e53-20 ... owbar.html
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

mbwoy84

Post by mbwoy84 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:26 pm

I think I've still got a Witter towbar knocking around somewhere. I'll have a look