Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

hello BMWers

General off-topic chat.
jaynana
Snr Member
Snr Member

hello BMWers

Post by jaynana » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:33 pm

hello wonderful BMW people,

its been a while, thought I'd pop in to say hi :)

still a BMW user (although not an X.. quite the opposite), not changed since I last popped in..

cheers
j

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

hello BMWers

Post by X5Sport » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:00 pm

Hello stranger :hi:
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

jaynana
Snr Member
Snr Member

hello BMWers

Post by jaynana » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:21 am

X5Sport wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:00 pm Hello stranger :hi:
Haha, I was thinking of u mate 😝.

How have u been, through these strange times, how’s mrs and the junior X5Sport?

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

hello BMWers

Post by X5Sport » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:02 am

Junior isn’t so little any more (nearly 9). We’re all fine thanks :D

Keeping busy as ever. Still got a fleet of BMWs, though getting new one is proving a little ‘challenging’ as BMW keep removing things from the spec. We’re (probably, unless they’re going to guarantee to build what we ordered) going to cancel our current M340d Touring order this afternoon and talk about other options. Might go electric (i4) if we can get one to try. They’ve got rear air suspension and with Mrs X5Sport and Junior both being ‘sensitive’ to motion illness, we need to be careful. Rear air in the E53 caused trouble, hence my E71 and the F46 not being air equipped.

We could do with a few more of the old gang resurfacing as there’s going to be a lot of knowledge amongst us that will help the newer owners……and the banter will raise everyone’s sprits too :D :D. Not having an x isn’t a bar to being on.

jaynana
Snr Member
Snr Member

hello BMWers

Post by jaynana » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:11 am

Wow so it’s close to 10 years then since I had my X5! Yeah went off brand for a while didn’t I..

Still have the X6? That was a beauty! Also had a 335 convertible SORN didn’t u? And a SCODA🤦🏻‍♂️😆

I have a merc 220d (mrs’s) apart from the 640i (mine!). So mine doesn’t get kerbed anymore 😜.

iX - they’re inviting ppl for test drives. I got an email yesterday. I’ll try and send the link.

jaynana
Snr Member
Snr Member

hello BMWers

Post by jaynana » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:14 am

Oh the E71 is THAT red beauty? Can’t believe u bought an F46🤦🏻‍♂️ But then again that’s an upgrade from the scoda I guess 🤪

jaynana
Snr Member
Snr Member

hello BMWers

Post by jaynana » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:18 am

iX test drive (not an i4 though):

https://www.bmw.co.uk/en/topics/discove ... del=I20-GF

Damn, can’t remember how to do hyperlinks!

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

hello BMWers

Post by X5Sport » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:57 pm

jaynana wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:14 am Can’t believe u bought an F46🤦🏻‍♂️ But then again that’s an upgrade from the scoda I guess 🤪
It’s a lease as being a 7-seater we thought we’d need one for transporting rugrats etc. Definitely an improvement over the Škoda (awful, awful DSG gearbox!). Still have the E46 too.

jaynana
Snr Member
Snr Member

hello BMWers

Post by jaynana » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:41 pm

I don’t get it why they stick DSGs in every car, BMW is phasing out dual clutch I think.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/38715/bmw ... -in-m-cars

I had a dual clutch in my A7, atleast it wasn’t a run of the mill being a 6-pot V6 petrol.

I had a narrow shave with it. Was under warranty. Worrying ‘gearbox malfunction’s were fixed twice. Supposedly minor. 3rd time car wouldn’t engage gears 1/3/5 or R. Had to be taken on a flat bed.

Audi first refused to fix under warranty. I had to escalate to a ‘warranty ombudsman’ plus complain to Audi UK (who were powerless), ‘social media hand’ was also waved around as a good measure 😜. Eventually Audi fixed it under warranty. I saw the file, the unit price alone was £12.5k🤦🏻‍♂️😬. Local dealership though was extremely helpful but warranty isn’t governed locally.

After that I bought a really normal merc. And that’s not giving me any of this excitement, quite boring 😆

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

hello BMWers

Post by X5Sport » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:22 pm

The A7 & A8 are now being equipped with ZF 8HP boxes - as found in BMWs since 2010. Took em long enough!