Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

LPG conversion

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
Themoog2

LPG conversion

Post by Themoog2 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:22 pm

Ok. Who on here has an E53 V8 that has had an lpg system installed on it? Not a car that you bought with it already on but that you actually had done and paid for.
I’m interested to know if it’s worth my time doing my 4.4 due to rising petrol costs. I already have a supercharged Range Rover that I bought with a BRC lpg system already installed on it and to be able to drive a massive powerful luxury vehicle 300 miles for about £40 is ok by me.
As for my X5 , yes it’s old but I don’t see another very often. It’s in tip top shape ( now the transmission has been rebuilt) and it’s fully loaded with optional extras that even new cars can only dream of. Although I don’t do many miles, the cost of petrol is only going to go up and up and an lpg system may pay for itself quicker than I probably realise.
What’s your thoughts / experience..

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

LPG conversion

Post by sapphireblack » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:43 pm

If you can cope with the load space reduction and crunch the numbers to your satisfaction, then yes. As you already have one converted vehicle, you're better placed to judge the viability than those of us with no experience.
From what little i know, i wouldn't be converting it especially on an older vehicle. Still circa £2k ?
Last edited by sapphireblack on Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Themoog2

LPG conversion

Post by Themoog2 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:56 pm

That’s the issue. Stomping out £2k when is it really worth it.

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

LPG conversion

Post by sapphireblack » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:26 pm

Not viable, imo.

Themoog2

LPG conversion

Post by Themoog2 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:18 pm

Anyway. I've just been to Morrisons near me to fill up the range rover with lpg and it's gone up in price from 58p p/l to 72p p/l within 2 weeks. So what used to cost £47 ish now is £56 ish. Rip off..