Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Poor airflow through vehicle?

M50dG05

Post by M50dG05 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:43 pm

I've notice that my car (2020 M50d) seems to have a tendency to let the screen mist up much more than my last M50d (F15) or 40d (E70) before it..

So much so, that on a recent 40 mile drive in damp weather, with just two of us in the car, I found myself regularly hitting the screen demist button for a few seconds..

Car has just hit 8k miles, so doubt the cabin filter is the issue, as it's only 14 or so months old. All settings on auto, and fan speed one down from max on both sides.

Also, when left after use, it does seem to condense on the windows inside. I've checked carpets etc for water ingress, but nothing found...

Anyone else had an issue?

StuBeeDoo

Post by StuBeeDoo » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:41 pm

Different car, I know, but my F25 is exactly as you describe.
October 2012 build X3 30d SE, Bluewater.  Now with Webasto sunroof and paddle-shift   8)

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:17 pm

Have you got the climate compressor (snowflake) on and on ‘auto’, and the recirc on auto? I find with all of ours that not running the ac compressor on and everything on auto will cause steaming up.

As an aside, the systems in BMW need to be either left in auto or used regularly in order to avoid seal failure due to dryout because the seals need lubrication by the oil in the refrigerant.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

StuBeeDoo

Post by StuBeeDoo » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:56 am

StuBeeDoo wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:41 pmDifferent car, I know, but my F25 is exactly as you describe.
I wasn't specifically looking, but this popped-up on my YouTube recommendeds yesterday........... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReIV53gAtUo

Haven't got round to trying it yet, and in any case I need to buy a can of cheapo stuff - I don't shave. :D
October 2012 build X3 30d SE, Bluewater.  Now with Webasto sunroof and paddle-shift   8)