Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Winter Tyre’s

All X3 (G01) discussions go here.
StuBeeDoo

Winter Tyre’s

Post by StuBeeDoo » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:05 pm

As I've posted elsewhere on the forum, I replaced the full-on Pirelli winter tyres I had for my F25 with Michelin CrossClimates. OK, so they're not *marked. Personally, I fail to see the sense in running "performance" tyres on any SUV - ergo all-weather tyres should be perfectly adequate. As has been noted here, we rarely get proper winter weather here in the UK - and TBH how often do we get a protracted summer?

According to Wikipedia, the average temperature in mainland UK ranges between 1.5deg c in winter and 21deg c in summer.

I'll get my coat.............. :exitright:
October 2012 build X3 30d SE, Bluewater.  Now with Webasto sunroof and paddle-shift   8)

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Winter Tyre’s

Post by X5Sport » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:47 pm

I think you’re right. All-season tyres are fine in the UK as our average temperatures rarely get into the range that either ‘performance’ or ‘winter’ tyres need unless you’re living on higher or more exposed ground. More so if your annual mileage is low too.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Hilly10

Winter Tyre’s

Post by Hilly10 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:43 pm

X5Sport wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:47 pm I think you’re right. All-season tyres are fine in the UK as our average temperatures rarely get into the range that either ‘performance’ or ‘winter’ tyres need unless you’re living on higher or more exposed ground. More so if your annual mileage is low too.
I only had Scorpion Verde all weather tyres on my Disco 4 and they were great tyres, never got stuck once in snow or mud. They are std fit by Land Rover in fact when I renew I shall fit them
2021 G01 X3 2.0d M Sport in Sophisto Grey
1974 TR6 in Mimosa Yellow

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Winter Tyre’s

Post by sapphireblack » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:02 am

X5Sport wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:47 pm I think you’re right. All-season tyres are fine in the UK as our average temperatures rarely get into the range that either ‘performance’ or ‘winter’ tyres need unless you’re living on higher or more exposed ground. More so if your annual mileage is low too.
Absolutely right imo. Personal frustration is having committed to using my new full winter set, i see that Camskill now have Vredestein Quattrac Pro all season in stock. Wondering whether to buy a set and put them away in a dark corner?