Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Service costs

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Service costs

Post by pvr » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:23 pm

The X5M needs a major service, 4 years old (only 12k miles but anyway).

I called a couple of dealers (Sytner and Vines) and with the usual BMW membership discount they quote the exact £863.44.

Am I assuming there is a fixed price thing going on here? Previously the service costs between different groups would be hundreds apart.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Service costs

Post by X5Sport » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:27 pm

I think that pretty much all BMW main dealers are now using menu pricing and have the same labour rates. Might be to do with who owns each one. Our local one is part of a US group and every dealership charges the same even though they are several counties and demographic areas apart. I was quoted a very very similar price for a major on the X6. It was £860 and change. It’ll go to an Indy for half that money. I think it included a brake fluid service as well.

For some reason there were three copies of this thread. I’ve removed the other two.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Service costs

Post by pvr » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:57 pm

Thanks Richard, it wasn’t posting for some reason. Novice user :rofl:

I will have to lean harder on the dealer to get more discount I think, full price doesn’t sit right :)

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Service costs

Post by pvr » Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:53 am

At 12k miles, do I even need to do the plugs or should I opt out of that? I never did the plugs on the Abarth as that had 5k on it when they wanted to change them.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Service costs

Post by X5Sport » Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:43 am

But sir, it’s an ‘M’ car. In order to maintain optimum performance you need these special unobtainium plated plugs. You’ve started the engine so they must be replaced….. :P :P
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Service costs

Post by pvr » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:16 am

Yes sir, but the display it says it is due in15k miles. Surely the time does not wear them out :P