Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Idrive Map Not Showing Current Location

Discuss anything to do with the BMW X1 (F48). Problems, How To Articles & Performance topics can currently be discussed here also.
TivvyMatt

Post by TivvyMatt » Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:50 am

Hi all,
Hopefully someone can help me - After plotting a route, the icon which is supposed to show my current location, is miles away from where I actually am. Is there any way I can reset it so it updates the location to where I am? It's a 69 plate X1.
Many thanks.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:02 am

Navigation > Settings > press the ‘options’ button on the iDrive controller keypad > Reset all settings.

It may well clear down more than you want but I can’t see any other option. Did you accidentally ‘save current position’ manually? That overrides the GPS computed position so the car thinks it’s somewhere else.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

TivvyMatt

Post by TivvyMatt » Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:07 pm

X5Sport wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:02 am Navigation > Settings > press the ‘options’ button on the iDrive controller keypad > Reset all settings.

It may well clear down more than you want but I can’t see any other option. Did you accidentally ‘save current position’ manually? That overrides the GPS computed position so the car thinks it’s somewhere else.
Thanks for the response. I tried these but it hasn't worked unfortunately.
I've just spoken to BMW and they suggest to take into by local dealership as the software needs to be updated.
Thanks for your help!

peterkahan

Post by peterkahan » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:43 pm

To resolve the issue of the iDrive map not showing your current location accurately, try resetting the GPS system or checking for any available software updates for your X1's navigation system.