Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Rear footwell light

General Discussion for X3 (F25) models go here.
Big Bad Boris

Rear footwell light

Post by Big Bad Boris » Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:19 am

So I noticed one of the rear footwell lights (the forward facing ones at the base of the back seat) wasn’t working. So I ordered some new bulbs, swapped the old bulb out for a new one.. and hey presto…..still doesn’t bloody work.

My first thought is it’s probably a loose/broken wire or something, which is probably virtually impossible to fix without dismantling half the car.

Anyone had the same issue, or have any suggestions for a potential simple fix to a simple (if very minor) problem.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rear footwell light

Post by X5Sport » Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:25 am

Could just be a case of unclipping and lifting the rear bench from the front and seeing if all is well underneath.

It’s happened to me in the past, but check the new bulb is actually good in another holder.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Rear footwell light

Post by sapphireblack » Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:54 am

Try swapping sides with the complete unit?

Leslie
Snr Member
Snr Member

Rear footwell light

Post by Leslie » Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:45 pm

These days what seems like something as simple as a bulb can sometimes be difficult and expensive to fix. A mate had just bought an e93 convertible privately and the indicator flashed too fast with engine running ,no big deal he thought ,wasn't a bulb out but needed a new light control module and cost a grand at the dealer to fix :o If the other side is working I think yours will hopefully be a big easier :thumbsup:

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rear footwell light

Post by X5Sport » Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:33 pm

Ouch!!
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.