Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Carrying bikes in the boot/trunk

All X3 (G01) discussions go here.
mtbnessy

Post by mtbnessy » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:23 pm

Hi

i have x3m comp on order and was wondering if people carry bikes in the boot/trunk.

i currently have a X5 g05 with towbar but occasionally carry bikes laying down in the rear - can usually get a couple of Levo stacked with front wheels off. it can be a pain putting them in. I was wondering if anyone had a solution to stand bikes up maybe using evoc stand or similar.

i wasn't sure how much smaller the x3 boot is to x5 in dimensions not volume.

thanks
Jason

EarlOfEasycore

Post by EarlOfEasycore » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:30 pm

I measured up my Trek Rail 5 and Nukeproof mega when it came to looking at cars and when compared to my S204 Merc C220 Estate, the G01 came up larger, which was assuring. You'll probably lose some width on the G01 compared to the G05 as well as length. I'm presuming the X3M doesn't have the option to retrofit a towbar? I can totally understand when you have 2 Levos, you kinda want them inside your car.

I do find it a bit of a struggle to get the Trek Rail into my E70. Last thing you want to do after a bloody wet ride is to dismantle the front wheel and faff about with waterproof liners in your boot/dropped seats.