Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

2005 E83 Drivers window switch

Discuss anything to do with the (E83) BMW X3 here
(Older F25 discussion within will ideally to be moved to F25 Sub section below)
Ozzycat

Post by Ozzycat » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:34 pm

Hi. My driver's door window switch cluster has stopped working. Power is getting to it as the unit lights up when headlights are switched on and I can adjust the mirrors. I've also been able to lower all 4 windows using the key fob however the driver's door window will not go up when i use the fob to close the windows. To me it looks like the part of the cluster for the windows is at fault and will need replacing. I'm also able to lower the other three windows using their own switches.

Has anyone had this same experience and what was your solution? Also any hacks to get the window up without taking off the door panel and manually pushing the glass up? The cluster also has two plugs which is unlike most of the others I have seen on youtube/google etc. This car is a baseline model with one plug for the window switches and the other to adjust the mirrors.

Look forward to some feedback.

GT456!

Post by GT456! » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:50 pm

I've had some what of the same experience...once putting the plug back (in the dark) I wasn't aware that all the pens didn't insert , leaving one window powerless and one pen crumpled... I was able to straight en it out with the tiny straw.
Hopefully your G5 unit didnt get wet...located behind the fuse block.