Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Water leak in drivers footwell

All X3 (G01) discussions go here.
Gunshot

Post by Gunshot » Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:54 pm

I have a 3ltr x3 oct. 2017 on I have had this for 3 years and have had no problems until recently when I have developed a very bad water leak in the drivers side footwell all the door rubbers are in really good condition and I have not left the window open any ideas please thanks .

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:17 am

Have you got a sunroof fitted? If so it could be a blocked drain.

Worth checking the door card as well. If the bottom of the door inside of the door seal is wet then it could be the waterproof membrane behind the door card has detached. Check all the drains on the bottom of the door itself are clear.

Another area to check is the scuttle area under the bonnet ahead of the windscreen where the brake fluid reservoir etc are. There are drains there that are also known to fill up with crud. You’ll need to remove the plastic scuttle trim to really get at them.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Gunshot

Post by Gunshot » Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:09 am

Thanks for your info I have already tested the scuttle area by pouring water down and it drains away quite quickly under the car, I will check the other points you raised fingers crossed.