Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Tyre prices on the up!

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the X6 (E71).
X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Tyre prices on the up!

Post by X5Sport » Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:44 am

I need another set of tyres on the X6 - it’s 4th in 12 years - and prices have unsurprisingly risen yet again, I get wary of tyres once the tread depth gets below 3mm, especially in winter. Of course, being an XDrive means premium tyres and a full set rather than just the rears which are the ones needing replacement.

A full set of Bridgestone Duller HP in BMW RFT spec comes in at £1,100 fitted. It’s currently shod with Continental ContactSport 5 rubber but those are in short supply and somewhat more expensive, so I’m going with the Duellers.

I think the Conti’s were about £900 three or so years ago, so inflation has struck here too. I don’t feel that the Continentals have lasted particularly well either. Certainly less than 15k miles and I drive pretty sedately these days. Better than the Dunlop SportMaxx the car was delivered with (less than 12,000!!) but even so.

I didn’t bother asking my dealer for a price as they were £300 a set more expensive last time. :o :headbang:
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Nictrix

Tyre prices on the up!

Post by Nictrix » Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:20 pm

Just put a set of Duellers on mine, got them for £992 from a local tyre place thats now been taken over by Halfords Autocentre. 15% off if buying 2 or more tyres. National tyres were very similar and have also been taken over by Halfords.

max

Tyre prices on the up!

Post by max » Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:50 pm

£992 is a good price. I paid similar to X5Sport for a set of new Duellers recently.
It’s been a bit of a costly period for our X6 with new pads and discs all round recently also and now possibly a new battery coming soon, if the battery warning pops up again…….at least a lot of the big expenditure has been done and she will continue in fine fettle for a while :driving:

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Tyre prices on the up!

Post by X5Sport » Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:23 am

Perhaps I need to ask my tyre fitter for a 15% discount next time. That was indeed a good deal :thumbsup:
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Leslie
Snr Member
Snr Member

Tyre prices on the up!

Post by Leslie » Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:43 pm

Not cheap to have the correct rubber fitted :driving: I've ran non runflat winters all year round and the fronts have 15k now and still 5mm of tread left :D , they were cheap at under 400 a set and I've been more than happy with them but obviously no good for anybody with a warranty who needs to have the correct approved tyres fitted.