Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Turbo Rubber Tube Split 3.0 D-Sport Engine

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
X5-D-Sport
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by X5-D-Sport » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:52 pm

I have oil vapour all over the place from a blown turbo hose...

3.0 D-Sport Engine

I need the NAME of this hose to order a replacement.
This is the hose that fits to the Intake Manifold via the EGR device.. total length about 200mm & is a right angle rubber elbow that links to a plastic vertical tube from the base of the intercooler.

It has a push latch spring clip at the EGR & a jubilee clip at its lower connector.

What is this short rubber elbow turbo tube called please ?

I have previously fitted the upgrade vent/oil separator that lives near the bulkhead at the rear-top of the engine...
the oil splashes are more like oil vapour being blown from a couple of splits in this hose, as the area 10 inches around the splits are moist oily dirt.
The 3.0 D-Sport Engine engine has done 186,000 miles... it does not smoke from the tail pipes & the emissions are extremely low & well inside tolerances.
It still pulls like a train & is not short of Power. No rattles at all.
I change the oil every 8,000 miles with a good 0-30 fully synthetic oil.
I think the engine is on its original turbo charger, so i allow the turbo to spool down before turning off the engine, & when starting, i allow 30 seconds for oil to move about before I touch the Go Go peddle.

any help naming this bit of pipe appreciated.
Regards
Grant B

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:25 pm

If it’s item 6 here then it’s just called ‘hose’….I used my E53 VIN (yes I still know it - sad or what!) to pull up a slide.

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showpa ... Id=13_0652

Or is it one of these?

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showpa ... Id=11_3468
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.