Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bluetooth

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
Lobster Pot

Bluetooth

Post by Lobster Pot » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:46 pm

While car was in garage I changed my phone now I can’t get it to connect to car I’ve tried resetting phone and also rebooted idrive I’ve tried other phones nothing will connect the code display comes on screen when you try but the phones won’t show the code to enter is there a way without dealer software to do a factory reset on idrive ?

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Bluetooth

Post by X5Sport » Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:32 pm

Check on the BMW website to see if your phone is supported. My iPhone 12 isn’t. The last version supported was the iPhoneX. BMW couldn’t care a less, and they won’t be providing any further updates to older models. I don’t know about Android, but the linky below may help….

https://www.bmw.co.uk/en/topics/owners/ ... d-usb.html

Similarly my (now en route) i4 supports way before - as far as the iPhone 6 - but that’s all. What changed I don’t know, but with my X6 being almost 13 years old I am not overly surprised - still annoyed though! :headbang:
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Lobster Pot

Bluetooth

Post by Lobster Pot » Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:43 pm

It’s the 14 max pro I’ve sorted it I forgot you have to make your own code soon as you put your own 4 digit code in it appears your phone to match it

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Bluetooth

Post by X5Sport » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:30 am

Sorted both of ours too. Thank you. :D :D :thumbsup:

Had to clear all the paired devices (only two) from the car and then just follow the prompts. iPhone 11 & 12 Pro Max now paired. Music via BT back :yeah: :yeah:

I’ll see if I can get it to work on the E46 as well. That has a predetermined code supplied by BMW.

I don’t remember the X6 asking to create a passcode before with either of these phones. The pairing process just hung part way through as if both the car and phone were waiting for each other. Maybe a later version of IOS patched their much later Bluetooth so it now works with earlier versions such as BT 1.1 and later.

Lobster Pot

Bluetooth

Post by Lobster Pot » Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:19 am

Don’t know when it was done I can remember having to do same on e61 and this when I first got it I just forgot about it it would make life much simpler if they actually said generate a code but hey ho bmw never make things simple lol

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Bluetooth

Post by X5Sport » Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:57 pm

It works again in the E46 too. Cleared all the paired phones first then added both with no issues. Everything transferred over just as hoped. It must have been something Apple got wrong as it definitely didn’t work a few months back.

Thank you for raising this as it’s solved a whole raft of challenges. We’ve been using a Garmin satnav as the hands free system. It works OK, but the BMW function is so much better :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lobster Pot

Bluetooth

Post by Lobster Pot » Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:43 pm

No problem I’ve even coded the mirrors to close and open on locking and unlocking car still can’t get the dam thing to do a regen after doing a 100 mile trek with caravan on spent the whole journey clearing the dpf code once back I’m going to take it for a good clear out line I did last time which dropped the spot level down to 40g and stopped the code coming back on then take it for a good run with no codes activating

Leslie
Snr Member
Snr Member

Bluetooth

Post by Leslie » Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:17 pm

Lobster Pot wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:43 pm No problem I’ve even coded the mirrors to close and open on locking and unlocking car still can’t get the dam thing to do a regen after doing a 100 mile trek with caravan on spent the whole journey clearing the dpf code once back I’m going to take it for a good clear out line I did last time which dropped the spot level down to 40g and stopped the code coming back on then take it for a good run with no codes activating
Thermostats are critical to regens ,very common failure on e70 its needs to be about 85c but they are often low 70's , it wont regen below 75 afaik. If its alarming for regen you may soon have a blocked dpf so best to get any faults fixed . Mine was alarming 10 mins into every run but it was an end of dpf life warming but it was still regenning fine . This happens after 150k as a counter is programmed into the software.

Lobster Pot

Bluetooth

Post by Lobster Pot » Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:04 pm

Temps are in 90s exhaust temp sits around 350 when on motorway new glow plug module just fitted all glow plugs working both pressure sensor replaced with genuine bmw full tank of fuel before setting off before hpfp went I had it down to 40g and showing no faults but now it’s 60g again with 480 code showing coming on every few min of resetting I’m going to try blasting it back down to 40g and take it a run with no errors coming on if that fails then I’ll try having it took off and cleaned if that fails then it’s either new dpf or have it mapped out which I didn’t want to do on this one it was done on my e61 and you couldn’t tell it had been done no smoke and went through all 5 mots I owned it doesn’t even bring the eml on or warnings just the code when scanned

Leslie
Snr Member
Snr Member

Bluetooth

Post by Leslie » Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:35 pm

480 is a blockage it seems back pressure probably too high it maybe needs removed and the Ash cleaned out. I've heard of places putting a cleaning agent in to help so it doesn't need removing how successful this would be depends what's wrong I guess .

Lobster Pot

Bluetooth

Post by Lobster Pot » Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:44 pm

It will be blocked currently in 60s it was like this before when I had glow plug controller replaced I took it a blast Down motorway in Manuel and got it down to 40s but then hpfp went before I could take it a cruise Down motorway again to see if it would regen struggling to do it at min as away with caravan and hard to do unless I try it a very low gear at 60mph

Leslie
Snr Member
Snr Member

Bluetooth

Post by Leslie » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:57 am

I just drive 5 mile warmup and the next 5 at 2000 to 2500 rpm not letting the revs drop of I can and them a few mile easy after that once every week and not had any regen issues even with a lot of 4 mile runs. You don't need high speed just above 2k revs is good and will generate plenty of heat.

Lobster Pot

Bluetooth

Post by Lobster Pot » Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:23 am

I’ll try it on way back according to bimmerlink it’s not done one for 15k miles god knows what last owner did to it he brought it from new and looks like neglected the car

Leslie
Snr Member
Snr Member

Bluetooth

Post by Leslie » Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:24 pm

Would never get 15k with no regen they are usually every 300 miles or so, guessing its just doing enough to keep going and is always just about full.