Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

X5 HESSITATION ON ACCELERATION

Discuss the problems with your BMW X5 (E70).
evo1

Re: X5 HESSITATION ON ACCELERATION

Post by evo1 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:47 am

Stuart Phillips wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:02 am evo whilst this was happening did it feel like a shuddering/vibration through the whole car and at around 50 mph?
nope, the revs were stuck at around 2000 for a few seconds and then power would kick in all of a sudden, felt almost like turbo not spooling up straight away, car would just crawl along real slow for several seconds, no warning lights on dash at all, as I say simple fix if that's your problem, don't fall for the main stealers bull cr4p about turbos and dpf's

evo1

Re: X5 HESSITATION ON ACCELERATION

Post by evo1 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:57 am

Stuart Phillips wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:02 am evo whilst this was happening did it feel like a shuddering/vibration through the whole car and at around 50 mph?
the shuddering thing could be a warped or cracked rear wheel, had a similar thing on mine about year ago with the big fat 20 inch rear wheels that are prone to cracking especially with the bloomin hard as nails run flats, or it could be drivetrain issue,diffs, gearbox, transfer case oil wear, get it a garage with a diagnostic machine to see if any error codes/dtc's, check your wheels first on the inner rims for hairline cracks, good luck

X30

Post by X30 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:26 pm

Evo1, your a star.
Had same 3-4 second acceleration lag on '07 X3 3.0d slowly getting worse over the last month. Particularly bad after slowing right down or stopping then trying to accelerate.
Main dealer took off inlet manifold, replaced MAF sensor but no improvement so buttoned it back up said 'we can't fix it as you have had the swirl flaps removed', ace, £450 for nothing.
Saw this thread so took off vacuum pipe from EGR valve, test drive and no lag so manifold off and change out turbo boost valve. Sorted. Pity the main dealer didn't change it while in there.

Leslie
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Leslie » Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:11 pm

X30 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:26 pm
Saw this thread so took off vacuum pipe from EGR valve, test drive and no lag so manifold off and change out turbo boost valve. Sorted. Pity the main dealer didn't change it while in there.
Welcome X20 :thumbsup: Evo1 changed out the egr pressure converter which i think lives under inlet manifold , is this what you changed or the turbo pressure one ? , they both look the same possibly are the same part too . I know on the twin turbo the turbo one is by the turbos but may be different on single turbo engine. Glad its fixed anyway :thumbsup:

As a side note the Dpf life exceeded Evo1 mentions in the first post can be reset by software and doesn't usually need a new dpf as Bmw would have you believe ,it can often still operate fine for many 10,000's of miles and is more advisory than fact . It usually appears after 150,000 miles an annoying warning 10 mins after startup.

X30

Post by X30 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:10 pm

The electrical valve I changed out, 11747796634, sits under the inlet manifold and is at the other end of the vacuum hose that attaches to the EGR diaphragm housing. As Evo said, daft place to put it.

Leslie
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Leslie » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:07 pm

Thanks and yes it is a silly place :D