Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Boot release

General Discussion for X3 (F25) models go here.
Big Bad Boris

Boot release

Post by Big Bad Boris » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:39 pm

Hello people, apologies for my radio silence for many months. Unfortunately I have been pretty ill this year, spending more time in hospital than in my var :cry:

Hopefully things are now on the up for me, so I am back with my first question for a while to challenge your knowledge once again.

It seems the only way we can open the boot on the X3 is to push and hold the button on the remote. There doesn’t seem to be a button anywhere on the inside to release the boot (am I missing one hidden somewhere?). Also the rubber button under the boot handle doesn’t seem to “pop” the boot when pressed, even when the car is unlocked, I assume this can probably be coded in with the right scan tool? Finally… the boot seems to lock every time the lid is shut, even when the rest of the doors are unlocked, is this normal?

Any advice suggestions appreciated.

BBB

StuBeeDoo

Boot release

Post by StuBeeDoo » Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:58 am

I've never had any problem with mine - yet - but I would venture to suggest your problem is with, or associated with, the rubber button. I would be very surprised if it's something that can be resolved by coding.
October 2012 build X3 30d SE, Bluewater.  Now with Webasto sunroof and paddle-shift   8)

Big Bad Boris

Boot release

Post by Big Bad Boris » Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:39 pm

We have been persisting with opening the boot via the fob, but now that appears to have ceased to function as well. Usually when opening the tailgate from the fob there is a nice loud “boom” noise as it activates, now it makes a quiet click noise and does not unlock.

As an aside my wife has just mentioned the reversing/Birds Eye view camera doesn’t seem to be working either at present. Could the two things be connected, given one of the cameras is in the tailgate?

Anyone have any ideas or maybe faced a similar problem?

Big Bad Boris

Boot release

Post by Big Bad Boris » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 am

An update that comes under the “better late than never” category….

It turns out the switch needed to be replaced (the one under the rubber cover in the boot handle)… relatively inexpensive fix even with the switch from BMW, all works now as it should.