Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Rioting - WTF is this country coming to?

General off-topic chat.
X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:37 pm

Sitting here watching the furniture store in West Croydon burning, I'm wondering what on earth is gong on?

Why are these yobs behaving in this way. Looting is bad enough, but then setting fire to places and destroying peoples homes, jobs and livelihoods is just mindless, pointless, braindead vandalism.

I'm totally appalled and saddened. I hope those who get caught are locked up for a very long time!

Ignorant b@stids!!! :evil: :headbang:
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Rioting - WTF is this country coming to?

Post by pvr » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:44 pm

I would quite happily go for the heavy approach there - just shoot a few more for all I care.
X5M F85,  Golf Clipper, Abarth 595 Competizioni, Jeep

911 50th anniversary -
Site & Forum Admin Team Member.

slieverue

Post by slieverue » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:28 pm

It is a joke!! Where are the water cannons?
Current:
57 Reg 3.0D SE Monaco Blue

Previous:
06 Reg 3.0D Le Mans with Pano Roof
56 Reg 3.0D Sport
54 Reg 3.0D Sport

CondorX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by CondorX5 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:05 pm

Keep safe, all you folk in and around London and now Birmingham too........it's incredibly sad, the violence is mindless but even worse is the loss of people's homes and livelihoods - there was an 89 year old man who had worked as a barber all his life and has lost his little shop and all he worked for...was still working at 89 unlike the wretched benefit scroungers that are the scourge of this nation...... All those flats above the carpet store and the block behind the jewellers in Tottenham - can't believe what a poor response there was from emergency services though, its very worrying.
X5 2005 Le Mans Blue 4.8is
Fully loaded but Now semi-retired! 

X5 2012 Alpine White 40d MSport 21" style 215 black alloys, rear entertainment, media package, comfort seats and a load of other options.

ITBarbie

Post by ITBarbie » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:11 pm

Crikey they are looting a few roads from my mother in law, my best friend can see fire from her back garden. They have looted my local PC World, Comet and practically every thing worth taking on the Purley Way. My youngest is worried :-(

Luckily enough we live about 4 miles from the worst of it. They should get the rubber bullets out with water cannons this is unreal :-(

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2004 Sapphire Black 3.0d SE
MODS
Intravee with KCA, Xennons, Folding Mirrors (enabled with Intravee), Sport Wheels 19's, DVD Headrests, updated SAT NAV, Voice Recognititon with TV in Motion enabled with Resler a

CondorX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by CondorX5 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:15 pm

Penny keep your heads down there girl, all of you, keep safe..... its just awful, and the Olympics just around the corner, we look just great in the eyes of the rest of world, I bet. Britain can't even keep its own mobs under control heaven help us with security for 2012 :( :( Why don't they call the army in if the police can't cope.....
X5 2005 Le Mans Blue 4.8is
Fully loaded but Now semi-retired! 

X5 2012 Alpine White 40d MSport 21" style 215 black alloys, rear entertainment, media package, comfort seats and a load of other options.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:20 pm

OMG Penny!! Keep your heads well and truly down tonight if it starts off again.

Let's get the spare Water Cannons in from N Ireland. They're not using them at present. Dose the water with a bit of pepper spray and that'll sort the yobs out very smartly.

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Post by pvr » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:53 pm

Water Cannon? Think of the drought ... :)

Very simple approach - anybody with a hoody - shoot them, problem solved.

911 50th anniversary -

AW8
Lifer
Lifer

Post by AW8 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:55 pm

[quote=""X5Sport""]Let's get the spare Water Cannons in from N Ireland. They're not using them at present. Dose the water with a bit of pepper spray and that'll sort the yobs out very smartly.[/quote]

In the meantime some might argue there's a case for Police using super soakers loaded ;)

Some may argue rioters, looters & those offending during or on back of large scale disorder of this kind should be subject to higher consequences whether delivered by police, courts &/or prison.

My thoughts are with those directly violated & those whose job it is to deal with it.

The PM publicly endorsed robust policing.......Let's hope he, (& relevant others), retrospectively support those who deliver it.
Gone - 2002 E53 X5 4.4i Sport (Pre Facelift) Owned 2006-2016.

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Post by pvr » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:31 pm

They have my full support to hit them as hard as possible without any fear of those eternal "investigations" afterwards.

911 50th anniversary -

jeegnesh

Post by jeegnesh » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:37 pm

[quote=""pvr""]I would quite happily go for the heavy approach there - just shoot a few more for all I care.[/quote]
I second that, can't wait till the soft approach is abandoned.
Mods: H Steering, Towbar, Wide Arches, Inforad K2, HIDS, Heated Seats, PS2 Media Center, x555 Sub Box (Focal), Rear Fake Tins, RV Cam, Screen Protect, Front Tints, 168 20's, Re-Map, Black Roundels, De-badge, BSW Dash Mids, Tweeter & Xover, Rear Screens, Intravee

x555
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by x555 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:01 pm

I think this would be a great training exercise for the young soldiers training for war.....load them up with rubber bullets and let them sort these mindless idiots out :headbang:
I think the soft appraoch is not what is needed here ....the police need a 'big stick' to be able to wave.....so hopefully the pm will deliver on his statements.
@ AW8 ....
The PM publicly endorsed robust policing.......Let's hope he, (& relevant others), retrospectively support those who deliver it
I couldn't agree more :thumbsup:
54 PLATE E53 3.0d X5 FACELIFT BLACK WITH BLACK

Jalf

Post by Jalf » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:04 pm

Cameron stands no chance of getting back into power even if he does fix the economy, he needs to grow a set and sort these tossers out, harsh and swift justice. sod re election

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:40 pm

Hopefully a good sign is that those oiks who have been charged and appeared in Court today pleaded guilty, but the Magistrates have referred them to the Crown Court for sentencing. Magistrates can only give a 6-month sentence for Burglary whereas the County Court can impose a 10-year sentence.

I was a little surprised watching the footage of Birmingham this evening with about 30 youths causing trouble (not a riot in any definition I know) and dozens of Police just standing there watching whilst a crowd stood an watched or took pictures. Why on earth don't those standing there go and deal with the troublemakers? What happened to communities in this country? Are we that afraid of getting involved?

If those in hoodies can use Twatter to get organised, then surely the same should be possible for people who want to stop them? And then some MP says you can't turn it off because that infringes peoples civil liberties!! What planet is that idiot living on? It sure isn't this one!! If that's how the word gets out, shut it down. Either I'm getting too old and missing something, or society is just a complete utter mess. :? :x

PS I wonder if anyone has taken stuff back to PC World yet as they've found out it's rubbish really :D

Jalf

Post by Jalf » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:42 pm

[quote=""X5Sport""]PS I wonder if anyone has taken stuff back to PC World yet as they've found out it's rubbish really :D[/quote]
:lol: