Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Steering Wheel adjustment not working?

Discuss the problems with your X5 (E53).
jeegnesh

Post by jeegnesh » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:54 pm

Anyone had any issues with the electronic steering wheel adjustment?

Mine is not working anymore tried the obvious fuse no. 26 30amp but the fuse was fine, changed it anyway but still no action.

Any other causes or things to look into?
Mods: H Steering, Towbar, Wide Arches, Inforad K2, HIDS, Heated Seats, PS2 Media Center, x555 Sub Box (Focal), Rear Fake Tins, RV Cam, Screen Protect, Front Tints, 168 20's, Re-Map, Black Roundels, De-badge, BSW Dash Mids, Tweeter & Xover, Rear Screens, Intravee

x555
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Steering Wheel adjustment not working?

Post by x555 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:21 pm

Haven't fixed this one YET mate so can't help sorry :( ........is the wheel set to high for you to see past then mate :poke: :lol:
54 PLATE E53 3.0d X5 FACELIFT BLACK WITH BLACK

jeegnesh

Post by jeegnesh » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:05 pm

[quote=""x555""]Haven't fixed this one YET mate so can't help sorry :( ........is the wheel set to high for you to see past then mate :poke: :lol:[/quote]
don't worry the seat adjustment still works ;-)
Mods: H Steering, Towbar, Wide Arches, Inforad K2, HIDS, Heated Seats, PS2 Media Center, x555 Sub Box (Focal), Rear Fake Tins, RV Cam, Screen Protect, Front Tints, 168 20's, Re-Map, Black Roundels, De-badge, BSW Dash Mids, Tweeter & Xover, Rear Screens, Intravee

X MAN

Post by X MAN » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:39 pm

I`m sure i read somewhere item 4 in the link is the culprit , although your electric seat function works fine the electric steering does not . Maybe worth swapping from another car to diagnose before you spend any money.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do ... g=52&fg=10
05 X5 3.0d
Mods:H/s wheel.F/mirrors.Lumbar.Compass-remote r/v mirror.Rem ctrl.Bins holder.T90 Telestart.20"168's.Arches.Titan grills.Skid plate. P/O load floor.R/seat e/b/rest.R/blinds.H/rear seats.is r/bumper trim.chrome dials.car key mem.intravee.DSP.RV Cam.Dbl glazing.Ski bag,Rear blower

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:48 pm

[quote=""x man""]Maybe worth swapping from another car[/quote]

Before he even thinks it - no f**king chance! My car is still working - I want it to stay that way!
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

X MAN

Post by X MAN » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:56 pm

[quote=""Sanj""][quote=""x man""]Maybe worth swapping from another car[/quote]

Before he even thinks it - no f**king chance! My car is still working - I want it to stay that way![/quote]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

How did i know yours would be the next post . Sorry jig i did try.
05 X5 3.0d
Mods:H/s wheel.F/mirrors.Lumbar.Compass-remote r/v mirror.Rem ctrl.Bins holder.T90 Telestart.20"168's.Arches.Titan grills.Skid plate. P/O load floor.R/seat e/b/rest.R/blinds.H/rear seats.is r/bumper trim.chrome dials.car key mem.intravee.DSP.RV Cam.Dbl glazing.Ski bag,Rear blower

jeegnesh

Post by jeegnesh » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:47 pm

[quote=""x man""]I`m sure i read somewhere item 4 in the link is the culprit , although your electric seat function works fine the electric steering does not . Maybe worth swapping from another car to diagnose before you spend any money.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do ... g=52&fg=10[/quote]
seems really odd as it does not ment on item 4 that it also has the control for the steering. You don't recall where you read this do you? Be sad to rip Sanj's X5 apart to find out this doesn't have anything to do with it :-)

X MAN

Post by X MAN » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:34 pm

Will try and find it for you.
05 X5 3.0d

Rusty
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Rusty » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:49 pm

[quote=""jeegnesh""][quote=""x man""]I`m sure i read somewhere item 4 in the link is the culprit , although your electric seat function works fine the electric steering does not . Maybe worth swapping from another car to diagnose before you spend any money.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do ... g=52&fg=10[/quote]
seems really odd as it does not ment on item 4 that it also has the control for the steering. You don't recall where you read this do you? Be sad to rip Sanj's X5 apart to find out this doesn't have anything to do with it :-)[/quote]

Poss linked as the steering wheel adjusts the same time as the seat when you have the memories programmed. Well, mine does anyway :poke: :)

Sent from my iPod device using Tapatalk
3.0d Sport Exclusive E53 CB with black comfort, pano, folding dimming mirrors, 20"ers, comms, xenons, focal sub, Intravee II, GSM heater........and so on.
Runabout - E92 3 Series Coupe

X MAN

Post by X MAN » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:43 pm

Here you go post 16 , it was a while ago i read this, HTH.

http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/ ... -work.html
05 X5 3.0d

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:05 pm

He's STILL not having my car! :x
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

Rusty
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Rusty » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:52 am

Not sure what all the fuss is about, as far as we all know Jeeg hasn't even got a car and is just inventing an issue so he can up his post count. :fuelfire: :poke: :)

Sent from my iPod device using Tapatalk
3.0d Sport Exclusive E53 CB with black comfort, pano, folding dimming mirrors, 20"ers, comms, xenons, focal sub, Intravee II, GSM heater........and so on.
Runabout - E92 3 Series Coupe

jeegnesh

Post by jeegnesh » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:25 pm

[quote=""rusty nail""]Not sure what all the fuss is about, as far as we all know Jeeg hasn't even got a car and is just inventing an issue so he can up his post count. :fuelfire: :poke: :)

Sent from my iPod device using Tapatalk[/quote]
You know I can't find my paper driver licence, wonder if I ever had a licence in the first place...

jeegnesh

Post by jeegnesh » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:59 pm

[quote=""x man""]Here you go post 16 , it was a while ago i read this, HTH.

http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/ ... -work.html[/quote]
Great stuff. Think I'll try the battery reset first.

Spot of luck, I had been looking on eBay for a seat belt tensioner and I came across a ripped drivers seat which has the seat belt tensioner and the electric seat activation unit and it claims motors all still working. Bargain too. Fingers crossed will report back soon.

Sanj u lucky bugger no need to rip your car apart but we could do it anyway :-)

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:13 pm

[quote=""jeegnesh""]Sanj u lucky bugger no need to rip your car apart but we could do it anyway :-)[/quote]

You cheeky bar steward - and who the f*ck is gonna sort that for you! And the lock carrier!!! :roll:

I'll let you report back...!