Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

lower bumper grills on e70 lci

How-To articles go here.
dennys

lower bumper grills on e70 lci

Post by dennys » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:05 pm

HI can someone tell me how the lower bumper grills remove out of a 2011 40d m sport,noticed today after having the car 2 weeks that mine are different one has holes the other doesnt so will drill one side out to match if the dealer wont change one ,should the supplying dealer have noticed it as well? thanks all
CURRENT CAR 40D M SPORT CARBON BLACK 20 INCH ALLOYS

dennys

Re: lower bumper grills on e70 lci

Post by dennys » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:36 pm

just found out the reason for the odd grills,its because my vehicle has uprated towing capacity and the passenger side has a small radiator behind it,so will end up drilling out the honeycome on the one on drivers side to match the other one. any help on this and removal of grill.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:37 pm

Have a look at Realoem and see if the diagrams allow you to work out how it's attached.

Was going to ask if you had the 3.5T towing increase (normal is 2.4T I think?) but you've spotted it already. Not that I'd be too keen on pulling anything with that kind of weight advantage over the 'tug'. Not a nice combination!

A Dremel type tool is probably the best way of removing all of the web in the grill. But have a look first in case there's anything behind it that needs protecting - like the washer bottle - from impact or cold (including chill factor) which may well be why there is no offside grill with the webs cleared out. You can't even buy one from BMW.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

dennys

Post by dennys » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:50 pm

hi found that the grill just clips out cant see anything behind it.Your right about the dremel idea,probably leave it as it is for now,thanks for the info.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:15 pm

Handy if it just unclips.. :D Might be able to fit the LCI versions if the shape is the same as I prefer the look of the updated model's foglights.. :thumbsup:
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.