Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

LED Angel Eyes

How-To articles go here.
X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: LED Angel Eyes

Post by X5Sport » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:13 pm

Thanks for posting up.....very useful.  I think for now I'll stay OEM as there is no way I'm chancing £150 either.  Higher output power LEDs are coming out all the time now, so it may not be long before someone gets it right. 

But then every 'DRL' equivalent I have yet seen all use multi-LED setups, be it in a ring (like BMW now), square array or straight/bent line. Single or three-LEDs in a radial array just don't have the output capability (yet).  And the higher power ones all generate heat too, which at some point make this self defeating.

The GP Thunders are the best to date....and like OEM.....use a filament lamp.

Richard
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Finglonga

Post by Finglonga » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:40 pm

:(  Worth trying to return them, they are nothing like the Images of the Fleabay advert. HIDs Direct customer service isn't to shabby as they let me return the springy "V" type LEDs as they were so dim you couldn't see them in the day time and swap them for the MTEC halogen bulbs.

carlos50

Post by carlos50 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:01 pm

I sent them back for a full refund. The seller now has some different design ones so may try them, again i can return for a refund if they are poor too so nothing to loose really.

Will probably wait until after my upcoming oil service though just incase the dealer picks up on them somehow