Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Fitting a Flip down monitor in the rear

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
x555
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Fitting a Flip down monitor in the rear

Post by x555 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:58 pm

[quote=""Sanj""][quote=""rconwa11""]the hardest thing about this install is finding any wiring that is 12v off the ignition in the rear of the car i need a ignition switched source does anyone have any suggestions ?[/quote]

Go for the relay holder that has nothing in it - left-most, centre pin in the on the top row. These are in the rear right fuse holder...

Image[/quote]

There is also an ignition live feed to the rcm in the boot as i used this one for my dvd players and amp it's the purple and white wire.
54 PLATE E53 3.0d X5 FACELIFT BLACK WITH BLACK

rconwa11

Post by rconwa11 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:11 am

Where would I find this wire m8 I am not confident about wiring into the redundant relay slot as my car seems to have a relay in this section that sanj suggested

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:06 pm

You got rear heated/electric seats or something? Would like to know what that relay is for???

Any extras on your car that are not the normal one's picked?

Sorry that doesn't work for you...
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

x555
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by x555 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:39 pm

[quote=""rconwa11""]Where would I find this wire m8 I am not confident about wiring into the redundant relay slot as my car seems to have a relay in this section that sanj suggested[/quote]
The cable is on the module in the boot under the spare and the compressor. You'll see it under the black plastic marked 'BMW' - get it off and the RCM (radio control module)is on the left. In the connector is that purple/white cable. Splice into that to get your power :thumbsup:

Sanj was supposed to post this for me earlier but posted it in the wrong thread being the numpty he his :rofl:
54 PLATE E53 3.0d X5 FACELIFT BLACK WITH BLACK

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:26 pm

[quote=""x555""]Sanj was supposed to post this for me earlier but posted it in the wrong thread being the numpty he his :rofl:[/quote]

Oh bugger - and I knew I had posted for you!

Moved to over here:

And that cable is on the module in the boot under the spare and the compressor. You'll see it under the black plastic marked 'BMW' - get it off and the RCM is on the right. In the connector is that purple/white cable. Splice into that to get your power.

Sorry for the mistake... :thumbsdown:
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

rconwa11

Post by rconwa11 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:58 pm

THANKS guys off to maccess tommorrow for a wee snoop about anything i should be looking to pick up other than the remote started for the heater >?

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:29 pm

Some black and red wire, the led, some bullet crimps...