Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Rugrat Mirror?

Discuss the problems with your X6 (E71).
huck

Re: Rugrat Mirror?

Post by huck » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:47 pm

[quote="X5Sport"]
[

Just need to find a mirror now.......unless I can plug a wifi webcam in and use the iPod touch as a display.  Bit OTT but great gadget.... ::)
[/quote]

Ah, the truth comes out! It had nothing to so with the seat - you just want that cool setup! ;)

On a serious note, as your son gets older and you experience more shared trips dealing with the practicalities/hassles/likes and dislikes  of any given system, your views *will* evolve as well. You may stick with the rearward facing seats till your lad is 4 and you may not. Whatever you do decide will be the best decision for you all.  Still, I bet you a fiver you're son isn't indeed in a rearward facing seat at 4. ;)

Rusty
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Rusty » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:12 am

My mate just bought a Bluetooth reversing camera with rear view mirror overlay monitor for just over £40 on ebay apparently.  Worth a look?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
3.0d Sport Exclusive E53 CB with black comfort, pano, folding dimming mirrors, 20"ers, comms, xenons, focal sub, Intravee II, GSM heater........and so on.
Runabout - E92 3 Series Coupe

B1GGM

Post by B1GGM » Tue May 21, 2013 2:40 pm

Did you manage to find a mirror?

I had one with an adjustable strap that would fit around the whole head rest, not just the supports.

I may still have it and can look it out and send it to you for free if you want it? I know this thread is a month old and you have probably sorted the situation by now but thought I would offer anyway!

Cheers

P

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Tue May 21, 2013 4:10 pm

Thanks for the thought - much appreciated.... :)

Not found one yet.  One advertised for the X6 specifically was a joke and has now been refunded.  I'm looking at using a vertical Velcro strap to go around the normal strap and then down to down to the third fixing point (behind the back seat) to hold it in place.  Because the headrests are sloped sided rather than vertical, and have no posts, nothing fits (yet) even with long enough straps because they just ride up.

May be once HRH can drive again in another 3 weeks we'll move over to the Mini Countryman and we have mirrors for that.

Richard
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.