Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

First X5 - Thoughts on this one...

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
GuenniX5

Re: First X5 - Thoughts on this one...

Post by GuenniX5 » Thu May 23, 2013 2:14 pm

Hi Simpic, just bought myself two weeks ago an used 40d (2012, 20k km) in Germany. My advice based on own experience:

Take a look at the front tires. Mine were Bridgestone 275/315, and had a severe sawtooth issue. They were loud, and it felt like driving a lorry. Agreed with the dealer to share the cost for a new set.

Other issue, which isn't resolved yet, is a noticeable noise coming from the front wheel (left wheel, mine is a left-hand drive), when driving around 30-60 mph and when coasting or de-accelerating. When accelerating, the noise is gone or at least much less. The issue is under analysis at BMW Munich.

Otherwise, the car is an absolute pleasure to drive and once you have driven it, I am quite sure you don't want to go back. Have fun!

GuenniX5

simpic

Post by simpic » Thu May 23, 2013 8:05 pm

[quote="johnx5"]
I had an additional 12 months added when I bought mine at a cost of £385 which is less than half of what you would pay if you did it when the 12 months expires.
[/quote]

They have quoted over £1000 for an additional warranty and will not entertain any of that cost in the deal.

No budging on anything. Maybe due to the bank holiday weekend coming up they feel they will have enough footfall to see it at ticket price.

Oh well.

johnx5

Post by johnx5 » Fri May 24, 2013 7:58 am

Thats the initial response I got as the salesman had just contacted Bracknell and they had quoted him the standard charges. As I knew somebody who had done this before so pushed back and he spoke to someone in Service who told him if the AUC Warranty was extended when car was purchased the cost to them was about £400. So I would push back and tell them to check again.