Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

LPG'd the Beast

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
Raj
Lifer
Lifer

Re: LPG'd the Beast

Post by Raj » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:05 pm

[quote="shadrack"]
lovely job that, love the filler location, i cant stand it when i see cars with the lpg filler in the rear quarter panel, somewhere else thats good is behind the towbar flap as they can be filled from either side with no adaptor, love the job and when you ever come to sell it should add a small premium compared to a petrol only car
[/quote]

I did consider the tow bar cover but the problem with that is having to get down low each time you need to fill up and the fact that the clips will eventually break with the constant use.

Don't mind using the adapter tbh and I don't plan on selling hence getting the LPG done.

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:16 pm

You know it was gonna ONLY be a great job to satisfy you. Glad its to your satisfaction my man.

Now drive it and enjoy!
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

scooby1doo1

Post by scooby1doo1 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:44 am

[quote="Raj"]
Cheers guys.

Hilton Autogas Website has all their info. They are based just off the M54 J1 / M6 J11 as its a link road road between the two motorways.

Owner is called Billy and the fitted is Steve. Both really nice guys to deal with.

As for the price, it seems with Prins they have a set price (£2k + VAT) but I did get a small discount. Some may think is really expensive compared to some of the cheaper brands but I plan on keeping the X so wanted the best system on the market for reliability, component build quality, etc.

Dropped it off on the Monday and got it back on the Friday.
[/quote]

Cheers raj

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using tapacrap 2

Raj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Raj » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:26 am

[quote="Sanj"]
You know it was gonna ONLY be a great job to satisfy you. Glad its to your satisfaction my man.

Now drive it and enjoy!
[/quote]

Lol soooooo true.

Raj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Raj » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:28 am

[quote="scooby1doo1"]

Cheers raj

[/quote]

No worries.

Let me know if you do end up using them as I'm only down the road so to speak.

avonside

Post by avonside » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:59 am

superb install, I did mine about 5 years ago.I had a few issues in the beginning, mainly stalling issues under load with low revs, but after some tweaking the installer got it sorted.I didnt realise the filler would fit in there,lovely job.Mine is on the lower side of my bumper as the car is Toledo blue, which is quite dark it blends in quite well.Ive only got the  3.0 but its a real pleasure knowing your only paying half the cost of petrol. :) :) 
2005 X5 3.0 petrol with LPG conversion....euro clear lights....20" 4.8 style  alloys....headrest DVD system....subwoofer install....4.8 style tailpipes...chrome grilles all round....70k miles from new...still gives me a smile every time I drive it :):):)

Greydog

Post by Greydog » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:11 pm

Great job, now you can Hoon about for half the cost. I found the best bit of all is when my mate with a Disco is at the next pump pouring a £150 into it and I am away with £40. Massive smirk value
4.6is X5 Estoril Blue (current)
4.4 X5 Sport Topaz Blue LPG (now gone squashed by a tree)
Subaru Outback 3.0 Rn Star Silver (current)
AMG 6.3 CLS Obsidian Black (sold)

dpbayly

Post by dpbayly » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:00 pm

That's a great install, wish my filler was in a better position I'm stuck with it in the middle of my rear quarter.

I'm off on Friday to have my LPG system serviced, I don't know what's involved but its only £50.

Lummox

Post by Lummox » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:03 pm

Raj, Not too sure as to why they had to cut the top cover as i have the exact same system fitted and they never cut any of the covers. Other than that nice job man, wish mine had the filler inside the fuel flap as i hate the bloody big lump of plastic stuck in the quarter panel.

Lummox
2004 54 plate 4.8is X5 E53 facelift in Carbonswarz-metalic.

Lummox

Post by Lummox » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:12 pm

dpbayly that is a very reasonable price, the cheapest i could find up here in Newcastle was 65 quid, as to what's involved, they should change all the filters and there are usually 5 or six of them, some of them are little gauze units that fit inside the hoses and they pressure test the system for leaks then they should put it on the computer and take it for a drive to make sure it is set up right and not under/over fueling. I believe they also check the injectors on the computer as well.

Lummox

Raj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Raj » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:43 am

Cheers all for the comments. Certainly so much nicer knowing I can use her more without the cost associated.

[quote="Lummox"]
Raj, Not too sure as to why they had to cut the top cover as i have the exact same system fitted and they never cut any of the covers. Other than that nice job man, wish mine had the filler inside the fuel flap as i hate the bloody big lump of plastic stuck in the quarter panel.

Lummox
[/quote]

Hmmm interested to know where they've positioned the injectors on yours then. Any pics welcomed buddy.

scooby1doo1

Post by scooby1doo1 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:01 am

Pasted the info in to my bro mate, his getting bored of filling it.
He told me hes using £120 in fuel but does 30k a yr, so surly that's about 9k a yr or £170 plus a week unless I got the math wrong.
So I'm sure its in his best interest to get it done asap, will pay for its self in a matter of months.

Lummox

Post by Lummox » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:34 am

Will get some photos to you later mate

awj85

Post by awj85 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:31 am

mine is off for a service next week at CLS Dual Fuel in Durham, £85, i think