Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

iPad

General off-topic chat.
pvr
Lifer
Lifer

iPad

Post by pvr » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:21 pm

Got one of those now (for Mrs PVR and my birthday - I think :D ).

Managed to hold it for about 10 minutes so far as the children seem to have taken ownership. Will take it to NL when I go tomorrow, so maybe I can have a play there to see what the fuss is all about.

Any apps that are "must have" for this one? Might buy one for my parents as well when I see them tomorrow.
X5M F85,  Golf Clipper, Abarth 595 Competizioni, Jeep

911 50th anniversary -
Site & Forum Admin Team Member.

5hep

Re: iPad

Post by 5hep » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:34 pm

Bought one of these and the kids love it

Just so dam easy and lazy to use around the house.

Loaded some films onto it for the kids for our Cyprus holiday so hoefully should keep them quiet on the plane :lol:
Faded Carbon Black'ish 3.0d Exclusive / Abarth 500 Esseesse

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:36 pm

My 10 year anniversary coming up and getting hints! Can't not get it, was allowed the arches and other mods since the site went down. I think no apps necessary as long as they can get to their shopping sites!
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Post by pvr » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:38 pm

Just remember there is about a 10 - 14 days delivery time ...

911 50th anniversary -

5hep

Post by 5hep » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:40 pm

[quote=""Sanj""]My 10 year anniversary coming up and getting hints! Can't not get it, was allowed the arches and other mods since the site went down. I think no apps necessary as long as they can get to their shopping sites![/quote]

What a fantastic excuse. Wrap it up with a big bow and she will love it ;)
Faded Carbon Black'ish 3.0d Exclusive / Abarth 500 Esseesse

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:41 pm

Really! Thanks for the heads up pvr. I'll get on the case Monday!

Exactly 5hep, get them what they want! Mr Smooooth!
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

jeegnesh

iPad

Post by jeegnesh » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:29 pm

Get them what you want sounds more like what your doing. Nice style man bet she thinks she needs it too :-)

Sister bought one and best use seems to be for kids and parents due to ease of use. So PVR getti g o e for parents is not a bad thing as my Dad taken over ownership and can google instead of calling me and he sends his own emails.

It's really cool. Apps more based on what you want to do. Either way there's something for that :-)
Mods: H Steering, Towbar, Wide Arches, Inforad K2, HIDS, Heated Seats, PS2 Media Center, x555 Sub Box (Focal), Rear Fake Tins, RV Cam, Screen Protect, Front Tints, 168 20's, Re-Map, Black Roundels, De-badge, BSW Dash Mids, Tweeter & Xover, Rear Screens, Intravee

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Post by pvr » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:49 pm

Yes, that is the plan. I am doing fairly frequent netmeeting sessions (or remote assistance) and it can be a bit painful sometimes ... :headbang:

The iPad will do 99% of what they use the PC and laptop for, i.e. internet and email. That will free up the PCs for tasks such as the TomTom updates and proper word processing.

They travel a fair bit as well, and taking an iPad to a hotel with WiFi is a lot easier then carrying a laptop / case / power pack etc etc.

911 50th anniversary -