Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Rear tyres

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
charlie_bendall

Rear tyres

Post by charlie_bendall » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:27 pm

Another tyre thread sorry and yes I have read all the others. Im hoping you guys can help me make a decision cause I can't. Basically I need new tyres on the rear of my x5 and can't decide what to buy, the more I read the worse I'm getting. I will be ordering them tomorrow night so any suggestions before then would be gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

max

Re: Rear tyres

Post by max » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:47 pm

What do you have on the front?

Not critical but ideally you would want to match to whatever you have on the front.

I've sent you a PM regarding some Michelin rears I have

charlie_bendall

Post by charlie_bendall » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:00 pm

The fronts have some budget make I've never heard off on. They were on there when I bought it. Will be matching when the time comes to change them. Thanks for the pm.
Last edited by charlie_bendall on Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jayx5

Post by Jayx5 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:40 pm

Im having 2 acceleras fitted on my rears tomorrow. They only cost me about £100 each fitted so cheap as chips. I do very low mileage and mostly round town so didnt see the point in spending hundreds on each tyre.
2010 space grey se dynamic pack and lots of toys

Johnny-p

Post by Johnny-p » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:18 pm

I replaced all 4 of mine with Nankang SP5's about 4k ago

£450 all in and I'm quite impressed..

Road noise nice n low for a budget tyre..
2005 X5 3.0d Sport-Black sapphire-cream leather-pan roof-folding mirrors-sliding boot floor-soft close tailgate-heated F/R seats-F+R air con-rear blinds-Bluetooth/voice recognition-satnav/tv in-motion-aux enabled-headrest monitors/DVD-aux heating-alarm chirp-chrome dials-detachable towbar  ;)