Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Prospective Buyer Questions

powerbook

Prospective Buyer Questions

Post by powerbook » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:25 am

Hi

I have ordered some brochures and will visit the showroom when I have some spare time and grill the sales person and arrange test drives. But in the meantime I would be grateful for some help – thanks.

Background

1. I am keen to upgrade my E53 to an F15 either AUC or new (providing I can afford the monthly repayments).

2. I may be interested in an LCI E70 (providing it has the options/ride I need).

Questions

1. My primary requirement is a comfy cosseted ride and not to feel the bumps in the road. It will primarily be a motorway cruiser (and not be flung around the track/B-roads altho that does look like fun). I can’t afford the RRS but will consider (reluctantly) an Audi Q7 if it has the options/ride I need. I assume the F15 is better at absorbing bumps in the road than the E70? However what if the E70 is equipped with Adaptive Drive? Does the standard F15 still win?

2. Do standard F15 diesels come with buttons in the cabin to select between comfort/sport? If not is there an option similar to Adaptive Drive? If so is this option available on all F15 engines? And if fitted will it provide a more cosseted ride? I won't be selecting any firmer/sport options - only wafty ones.

3. Is an F15 diesel MSport the same as an F15 diesel SE with Dynamic Package?

4. Is the ‘automatic parking’ feature available on the F15? (i.e. the car operates the wheel/pedals)

5. When ‘'building' the car on the BMW website I couldn't see how to select 4 or 5 year warranty packs or service packs. Can these options be added online or only discussed face to face?

6. Has anyone heard the B&O stereo in an X5? My minimum req’t is the HK. If buying new I would get B&O but only if it knocked HK in to a cocked hat. I am a closet audiophile and would drop other options in favour of the B&O but only if the difference was night/day versus the HK.

Many thanks
PB
Last edited by powerbook on Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Prospective Buyer Questions

Post by X5Sport » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:06 pm

A comfy cosseted ride is unlikely as the car has run flat tyres which feed every bump into the body.  This is certainly the case of the E70 and is more apparent on 20" wheels and M Sport suspension.  You can mitigate it by looking for a car with sports suspension deleted and 19" wheels.

An MSport is not the same as an SE. Different trim and base options.

Extended warranties are offered as you get to the end of the three year warranty.  You extended year by year.  Service packs are three or five year offered by the Dealer.

If 'auto park' isn't listed then it isn't available.

Richard
Last edited by X5Sport on Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

shadrack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by shadrack » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:32 pm

tbh if its ride get an older rrs up to 2012 shape, the ride is awsome on air suspension like a cushion, they dont corner tho as their like a boat
current: 2016 Vw Crafter
              2007 318d touring
              2008 Transit sport van            
              1964 vw beach buggy
              1988 e30 325i convertible

powerbook

Post by powerbook » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:18 pm

Thanks for the replies.

I can't bring myself to buy a used Landrover, just heard too many bad reports about reliability.

m13lky

Post by m13lky » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:44 pm

[quote="powerbook"]
Hi

I have ordered some brochures and will visit the showroom when I have some spare time and grill the sales person and arrange test drives. But in the meantime I would be grateful for some help – thanks.

Background

1. I am keen to upgrade my E53 to an F15 either AUC or new (providing I can afford the monthly repayments).

2. I may be interested in an LCI E70 (providing it has the options/ride I need).

Questions

1. My primary requirement is a comfy cosseted ride and not to feel the bumps in the road. It will primarily be a motorway cruiser (and not be flung around the track/B-roads altho that does look like fun). I can’t afford the RRS but will consider (reluctantly) an Audi Q7 if it has the options/ride I need. I assume the F15 is better at absorbing bumps in the road than the E70? However what if the E70 is equipped with Adaptive Drive? Does the standard F15 still win?

2. Do standard F15 diesels come with buttons in the cabin to select between comfort/sport? If not is there an option similar to Adaptive Drive? If so is this option available on all F15 engines? And if fitted will it provide a more cosseted ride? I won't be selecting any firmer/sport options - only wafty ones.

3. Is an F15 diesel MSport the same as an F15 diesel SE with Dynamic Package?

4. Is the ‘automatic parking’ feature available on the F15? (i.e. the car operates the wheel/pedals)

5. When ‘'building' the car on the BMW website I couldn't see how to select 4 or 5 year warranty packs or service packs. Can these options be added online or only discussed face to face?

6. Has anyone heard the B&O stereo in an X5? My minimum req’t is the HK. If buying new I would get B&O but only if it knocked HK in to a cocked hat. I am a closet audiophile and would drop other options in favour of the B&O but only if the difference was night/day versus the HK.

Many thanks
PB
[/quote]

1 & 2 I have a new f15 m sport with 20" wheels, if you change the driving style by the standard feature buttons it sets the whole car up different suspension, steering, power, economy etc & you do notice a big difference, I traded my e70 msport lci model in that was nearly 2 years old & the 2 cars are like night & day on everything listed.
3 no, by the time you add all the extras to the se & with the better residuals on an m sport I would go for the m sport all day long.
4 don't think it is but the rear parking camera is really clear even at night & you can always go for the all round cameras along with the standard front & rear sensors.
5 think you can only buy the 5 year service packages at the start as someone else mentioned, you have to buy the extended warranty as & when you need it.
6 I have the advanced speaker option but music is not that important to us with 2 young kids screaming all the time, it seems as good as my in laws new merc gl when you can listen to it!

We are really happy with ours but like others have heard a lot of rrs horror stories of failing engines & other major faults, the new one maybe better but only time will tell.
Currently
F16 M sport 40d in space grey
Vw amarok edition auto in black

Previous
F15 M sport in carbon black
F15 M sport in white
Ford Focus Rs mk1
E70 lci M sport in space grey
F10 M sport auto in space grey
F10 M sport in white
E90 lci M spo